Running 37s on a stock dana 30 axle

Spudcannons

Thank you for that info.

Is your Jeep in any of the wayalife videos? Maybe I can see yours that way?

It just never ceased to amaze me how well Moby handled the obstacles. It is almost night and day. Being completely new, I could see that after the 2nd or 3rd video. My hats off to Eddie for building an amazing Jeep (two of them even).

No its not in the videos. If you want to see some pictures you can go to the albums in my profile.

here are a few front last weekend

MM09.jpg
MM08.jpg
1437281892699.jpg

Spudcannons

If you look at the second picture you can see the EVO long arm has almost too much flex the tire is about a quarter inch from the fender and body mount at full flex and steering lock.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
If you look at the second picture you can see the EVO long arm has almost too much flex the tire is about a quarter inch from the fender and body mount at full flex and steering lock.

Thank you for showing these photos. In your opinion (guess?) what is the suspension travel in the 2nd photo? I guess I do not understand suspension travel. Is it from centerline to extreme or is it measure from top to bottom?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
So I guess the trolling comments stopped. Good, we can move on then.

I just love this video: https://youtu.be/-WziJt-89k4

I am really blown away at how capable Rudi-Cat is with 37 inch tall tires. I thought that Moby was amazing because it had 40 inch tall tires and a wider stance. This is pretty much what I want my final build to look like.

The concern, as usual is budget. The idea is to get Front Double Throwdown Coilover/Bypass, Rear Double Throwdown EVOLever System, Long Arm Upgrade Kit, Link flip kit, and regearing. How would people think about keeping stock axles for a few years, with the understanding that I would need to upgrade to the level that Rubi-Cat is today? How long do people think that the stock Dana 44 Rubicon axles will last? (I understand it really is just Dana 30 tubes and a Dana 44 differential carrier).

Also, I see that the gearing is 4.10. That seems to work pretty good, but Eddie, driving around the same mountains where I live, have you found any issues?

Last edited:

Spudcannons

Thank you for showing these photos. In your opinion (guess?) what is the suspension travel in the 2nd photo? I guess I do not understand suspension travel. Is it from centerline to extreme or is it measure from top to bottom?

The definition of travel for any suspension from mountain bikes to trophy trucks is the distance from full droop to full compression. The shock in a coil spring suspension is the typical limiting factor for droop and the bump stops should be the limit for up travel.

I am running 11.6" shocks in the front and 11.4" shocks out back for about 11" of travel.

dillard09

I'm running the stock dana 44 rubi axles in mine currently. I have 5.13 gears, stock rubi lockers, gussets, chromolys shafts, and small 37s. I'm pretty sure I'm maxing the axles out. I'm pretty easy on the skinny and that being said it is down at ORE replacing a blown rear rubi locker. I'm not ready to jump up to Dana 60s just yet some I'm throwing another rubi locker in to by me some time.
I have Teraflex long arms and the Double throwdown front and evolever double throwdown rear. I must say the ride and flex is pretty nice. I would love to have the EVO long arm high clearance and someday I will. I have no experience with RK but have heard good and bad things about them. But the things I have from EVO are superb! I know others have given input on the subject and if you still have questions. The best thing to do is find someone with something like you want and try and meet up and take a ride. Or drive on down to Fullerton one day and check out ORE for yourself. But then again i have drunk the EVO Koolaid and I love it!
Best of luck!

20150721_080325.jpg

TheStick

Good questions, thank you.

I do not have a Jeep Wrangler. My plan is to build one Spring 2016. Either I go with my local dealership or drive up to Kellog, ID and pick one up rom Dave Smith Motors.

My prior experience was with an S-10 truck and that experience was very limited based on the equipment I had. I took a couple of classes at Hollister SVRA when I was just out of college.

I have been interested in wheeling for over 20 years, just never lived in the right area or had the opportunity. Recent promotions at work have seen my income double, giving me more space to pursue my interests now that I have the wife and two children squared away. My move to Northern Nevada in 2005 has allowed me to realize how amazing having a serious off-road vehicle would be. Being in Search and Rescue, I was able to ride in a lot of cool Jeeps while conducting search operations in Washoe County for the sheriff's department. Increased my desire to get a rig even more.

Any other questions guys?

I would suggest you get the Jeep first, wheel it a bit and go from there. You might find some of your thoughts change over time.

lemoncadebay

Are people running 37s on a stock Dana 30

There looks to be a lot of non rubicons posted with 37s. Are people running 37s on a stock Dana 30 then?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

dlwaddle

Pictures of any four doors on 37s

There looks to be a lot of non rubicons posted with 37s. Are people running 37s on a stock Dana 30 then?

I'm running 37s with a D30 up front. I''m regeared and locked, trussed, gussetted, sleeved, installed Synergy Ball Joints, and upgraded all of the 4 link. I dare say my D30 is as strong as a D44. Maybe stronger.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm running 37s with a D30 up front. I''m regeared and locked, trussed, gussetted, sleeved, installed Synergy Ball Joints, and upgraded all of the 4 link. I dare say my D30 is as strong as a D44. Maybe stronger.

Lockers, Trusses, Gussets, Sleeves, Ball joints and a 4 link doesn't change the fact that it's a Dana 30 axle. You can't make ice cream from horse shit, sorry for the bad news.

like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg

Last edited:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug

All you need now is a grumper grill and that thing could be indestructible. Parking lot snow mountains really beat up a rig...

Top Bottom