Running 37s on a stock dana 30 axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm running 37s with a D30 up front. I''m regeared and locked, trussed, gussetted, sleeved, installed Synergy Ball Joints, and upgraded all of the 4 link. I dare say my D30 is as strong as a D44. Maybe stronger.

1oc9j0.jpg

dlwaddle

Y'all are hilarious. Because it hasn't broken yet. Why replace something that hasn't broken. Instead of throwing thousands of dollars at a D44 I can still go on vacation. IMG_4566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Y'all are hilarious. Because it hasn't broken yet. Why replace something that hasn't broken. Instead of throwing thousands of dollars at a D44 I can still go on vacation. View attachment 256701

Lol your clearly the dumb one cause your d30 is the exact same as a d44 even before you threw all that money at it. Still gonna snap in the same spot. Have fun when it does [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

badass.jpg

Y'all are hilarious. Because it hasn't broken yet. Why replace something that hasn't broken. Instead of throwing thousands of dollars at a D44 I can still go on vacation.

Right, "because it hasn't broken yet", you've thrown a couple of thousand dollars at an axle with a tiny ring and pinion and small shafts to have it re-geared and locked, trussed, gusseted, sleeved and have Synergy Ball joints installed. Makes all the sense in the world to me :crazyeyes:

dlwaddle

I'm not saying my rig is badass. I'm just not going to throw money at it until I have to. I barely have $1k in my axle. The most expensive part was the locker and I bought it during a SEMA special that Auburn Gear offered. Gotta love buy 1 get 1. I do all my own work, so I don't have to worry about labor. The last time I checked, the D30 and D44 axle shafts were the same diameter, only the splines are different. As far as ring and pinion go, when they break, I'll go bigger.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm not saying my rig is badass. I'm just not going to throw money at it until I have to. I barely have $1k in my axle. The most expensive part was the locker and I bought it during a SEMA special that Auburn Gear offered. Gotta love buy 1 get 1. I do all my own work, so I don't have to worry about labor. The last time I checked, the D30 and D44 axle shafts were the same diameter, only the splines are different. As far as ring and pinion go, when they break, I'll go bigger.

People aren't giving you shit because your rig is badass or not. They are giving you shit because you said, dare I say, that you D30 is as strong or stronger than a D44. If you give bad advice to someone, your going to get called out. Someone who doesn't know shit may read that and take it for word. Because of the tiny ring and pinion in the D30, you could do whatever you want to truss and sleeve and all that crap, it's not going to be as strong because your limited by your ring and pinion size. Just because it hasn't broken yet doesn't mean it's as strong as anything. If you don't wheel too hard, it may never break. That doesn't change the fact that it's not as strong internally as a 44.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
People aren't giving you shit because your rig is badass or not. They are giving you shit because you said, dare I say, that you D30 is as strong or stronger than a D44. If you give bad advice to someone, your going to get called out. Someone who doesn't know shit may read that and take it for word. Because of the tiny ring and pinion in the D30, you could do whatever you want to truss and sleeve and all that crap, it's not going to be as strong because your limited by your ring and pinion size. Just because it hasn't broken yet doesn't mean it's as strong as anything. If you don't wheel too hard, it may never break. That doesn't change the fact that it's not as strong internally as a 44.

PREACH

(10 char)

austin160

I recently switched to 37's, not on a D30. I found front and rear Rubi D44 for 2k with lockers and 4.88. I had the sleeved, gussets, new ball joints, and a complete overhaul on bearings and seals. I thought that would be enough. Now I'm looking at bigger brakes, hydro assist steering, and a few other thing to fix issues I ran into during the install. Rubi 44's are not as strong as aftermarket because they are D30 tubes with a 44 housing. Even with all the bracing if I jack my front end from somewhere close to the center it looks like it flexes a little. bigjeep.jpg

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked

So you spent a grand on an axle you know will break to then go bigger? Sounds like you DID throw money at it. When it does break, hopefully you will be off the trail and close to home...you wouldn't want to throw money at a trail fix/recovery. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom