Running 37s on a stock dana 30 axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
37" tires on stock Dana 30

Wait, what?!?! I thought this whole thread exploded based on your questions of my choice to go Rock Krawler. Are you trying to kill me Eddie?? :eek:

Anyways, so the Rock Krawler is capable? What are you saying big guy? :question:

Wait, what?!?! I thought this is what you've been wanting to hear the whole time?? Just giving you what you want big guy :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wait, what?!?! I thought this whole thread exploded based on your questions of my choice to go Rock Krawler. Are you trying to kill me Eddie?? :eek:

Anyways, so the Rock Krawler is capable? What are you saying big guy? :question:

Hey their buddy, I've been sitting back reading all of your "I'm just a newbie please educate me" posts and couldn't help but think your full of shit. You are clearly here to troll and your latest post prove it. Why don't you go spend more time wherever you came from.

I feel like clif notes of this thread would be:

Guy 1: I really like Lift A
Guy 2: Get it you want but I'll explain why Lift B is better
Guy 1: So........ I really keep thinking about Lift A
Guy 2: You should do that.
Guy 1: Are you Joshing me?

;)

thardy

Banned
37" tires on stock Dana 30

Hey their buddy, I've been sitting back reading all of your "I'm just a newbie please educate me" posts and couldn't help but think your full of shit. You are clearly here to troll and your latest post prove it. Why don't you go spend more time wherever you came from.

I've felt this way since his first few posts.

Edit: dude just set off my troll meter from the get go.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Wait, what?!?! I thought this is what you've been wanting to hear the whole time?? Just giving you what you want big guy :yup:

No, not at all. I do not want vindication and support for whatever lift. I am seriously considering the lift you discussed. I even sent a confirming email to Drew so he will remember me when we converse again. Your help and your words are greatly appreciated.

I am a newbie and I appreciate the help. I am not a troll. My latest post does not prove it. I am here to learn. You are welcome to private message me and we can discuss off line, or even over the phone. But I have nothing to prove to someone who is internet tough. I'll be here awhile and look forward to the next meet and greet.

I feel like clif notes of this thread would be:

Guy 1: I really like Lift A
Guy 2: Get it you want but I'll explain why Lift B is better
Guy 1: So........ I really keep thinking about Lift A
Guy 2: You should do that.
Guy 1: Are you Joshing me?

;)

That is not a fair characterization. I see it differently.

Look guys, I know where you are all coming from. I have been through this myself, multiple times on a different forum for a different hobby. I get it… new guy comes online, asks about product A, but really seems to want to argue for Product B, and no matter what you say, he still goes with Product B.

Just know this is not the case here.

I really appreciate all of the help and in no way am I a troll. I am legit. I am not here to waste anyone's time. But I invite conversation over the phone, if anyone disagrees, especially since face to face can be difficult with the distances covered by the internet.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I am a newbie and I appreciate the help. I am not a troll. My latest post does not prove it. I am here to learn. You are welcome to private message me and we can discuss off line, or even over the phone. But I have nothing to prove to someone who is internet tough. I'll be here awhile and look forward to the next meet and greet.

I'm just a newbie too, matter of fact I'm just a Web Wheeler. I'm no tough guy, never even been in a fight! I'm far too scared to PM you or call you on the phone but thanks for the welcome.

How about we keep everything out here in the open for all to see, then you can prove that you're NOT here to troll. :yup:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I'm just a newbie too, matter of fact I'm just a Web Wheeler. I'm no tough guy, never even been in a fight! I'm far too scared to PM you or call you on the phone but thanks for the welcome.

How about we keep everything out here in the open for all to see, then you can prove that you're NOT here to troll. :yup:

Okay, sounds good to keep everything in the open. Either way, I am good to have a civil discussion with ANYONE who questions my integrity. I never joke about that kind of thing.

edit: I also private messaged Frank and offered to discuss over the phone. I am legitimate here and if there is any doubt, please call me.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Here's my question for you Nevada. How long have you owned your rig and have you ever been wheeling before?

CREEPR

Both are great. EVO vs RK is like chocolate vs vanilla. You asked for opinions and they provided theirs. If you end up going with RK tell us about it. Around here in tn/ky RK is very popular but I went evo based on Eddie and several 100s of others comments. In the end it's your rig do what you want.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Here's my question for you Nevada. How long have you owned your rig and have you ever been wheeling before?

Good questions, thank you.

I do not have a Jeep Wrangler. My plan is to build one Spring 2016. Either I go with my local dealership or drive up to Kellog, ID and pick one up rom Dave Smith Motors.

My prior experience was with an S-10 truck and that experience was very limited based on the equipment I had. I took a couple of classes at Hollister SVRA when I was just out of college.

I have been interested in wheeling for over 20 years, just never lived in the right area or had the opportunity. Recent promotions at work have seen my income double, giving me more space to pursue my interests now that I have the wife and two children squared away. My move to Northern Nevada in 2005 has allowed me to realize how amazing having a serious off-road vehicle would be. Being in Search and Rescue, I was able to ride in a lot of cool Jeeps while conducting search operations in Washoe County for the sheriff's department. Increased my desire to get a rig even more.

Any other questions guys?

thardy

Banned
Good questions, thank you.

I do not have a Jeep Wrangler. My plan is to build one Spring 2016. Either I go with my local dealership or drive up to Kellog, ID and pick one up rom Dave Smith Motors.

My prior experience was with an S-10 truck and that experience was very limited based on the equipment I had. I took a couple of classes at Hollister SVRA when I was just out of college.

I have been interested in wheeling for over 20 years, just never lived in the right area or had the opportunity. Recent promotions at work have seen my income double, giving me more space to pursue my interests now that I have the wife and two children squared away. My move to Northern Nevada in 2005 has allowed me to realize how amazing having a serious off-road vehicle would be. Being in Search and Rescue, I was able to ride in a lot of cool Jeeps while conducting search operations in Washoe County for the sheriff's department. Increased my desire to get a rig even more.

Any other questions guys?

Gotcha. Here's what my suggestion would be. You've gotten a lot of information so far and sometimes that can be hard to digest when it's just words. Since you are located in Northern Nevada, you have the benefit of being around quite a few Jeeps that have Evo suspension products, as well as others I'm sure. Work on meeting up with people and trying to ride in rigs with similar setups to what you're looking for. This way you can get the real world comparison.

Even though I don't currently have a Jeep right now either, I learn more for my next build every time I join guys on the trail.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Gotcha. Here's what my suggestion would be. You've gotten a lot of information so far and sometimes that can be hard to digest when it's just words. Since you are located in Northern Nevada, you have the benefit of being around quite a few Jeeps that have Evo suspension products, as well as others I'm sure. Work on meeting up with people and trying to ride in rigs with similar setups to what you're looking for. This way you can get the real world comparison.

Even though I don't currently have a Jeep right now either, I learn more for my next build every time I join guys on the trail.

And I agree with everything you are saying. My other passion is long range precision rifle competitions. So much so I run matches here in the local area, to grow the sport. I always want people to try my equipment and explain how it works and why it is important.

My experience in long range rifle was simple. I bought some of the most expensive equipment out there and now I have only one really nice rifle, that I compete with more than once per month. So I was keen to replicate my experience there with an even bigger project. I have no regrets spending about $15,000 on my long range system, none. Now I watch everyone who went budget and they struggle, again and again. Some finally come around and they end up spending a lot more.

I look forward to the next meeting (Suds-N-Grub) to learn more. I would appreciate if others were not so quick to judge.

Spudcannons

This does not make sense. Why did you go with the EVO system then?

I agree, it would be my driving skill that would hold up the ability of the Jeep.

I went with the evo system because I do not like 3 links as much ad a 4 link. You also get the same travel with less lift ie lower center of gravity. That should help clarify it for you.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I went with the evo system because I do not like 3 links as much ad a 4 link. You also get the same travel with less lift ie lower center of gravity. That should help clarify it for you.

Thank you for that info.

Is your Jeep in any of the wayalife videos? Maybe I can see yours that way?

It just never ceased to amaze me how well Moby handled the obstacles. It is almost night and day. Being completely new, I could see that after the 2nd or 3rd video. My hats off to Eddie for building an amazing Jeep (two of them even).

Jk909

Thank you for that info.

Is your Jeep in any of the wayalife videos? Maybe I can see yours that way?

It just never ceased to amaze me how well Moby handled the obstacles. It is almost night and day. Being completely new, I could see that after the 2nd or 3rd video. My hats off to Eddie for building an amazing Jeep (two of them even).

If you love his jeep then take his advice. It takes time and money but you'll get there one day and you won't have any regrets.

Top Bottom