RUSTY : 1972 Jeep J2000 Pick-Up Truck

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Found a bunch of tailgates for a J10 and J20 but none for a Gladiator or J2000 or J4000. The later were narrower and did not come with the paddle latch in the center. Needless to say, we're still running the diamond plate which actually works really well and probably better than a factory tailgate. Just doesn't look that great. I did add a decal to it to make it more Jeep like though...

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7934.jpg

IMG_7936.jpg

I think it helps. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So anything from a gladiator, j2000 or j4000 will fit? I'll keep my eye out for something.

Cool, thanks! If I can track one down, I have to do some work to get it installed as the previous owner removed all the hinges and latch points when he installed the rails for the diamond plate.

13gecko

Found a bunch of tailgates for a J10 and J20 but none for a Gladiator or J2000 or J4000. The later were narrower and did not come with the paddle latch in the center. Needless to say, we're still running the diamond plate which actually works really well and probably better than a factory tailgate. Just doesn't look that great. I did add a decal to it to make it more Jeep like though...

View attachment 84108

View attachment 84109

View attachment 84110

I think it helps. :crazyeyes:

Off topic, but glad to see it has new plates like the rest of the family. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Found this while cruising craigslist. Maybe he has some stuff your looking for, the tailgate in the picture doesn't look too hot, but it might just be surface rust.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4474549642.html

I appreciate the link. I may have to contact him to see if he'd be willing to part it out. I have contacted a couple of junkyards and apparently they get some in from time to time. Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry as I do have some kind of working tailgate.

dadof3byz07

That is a great looking truck!!!!!!If you are looking for parts,try the IFSJA.org website.That is the International Full Size Jeep website.

dadof3byz07

Also this place is for FSJ parts only,I have dealt with them,and they are great!!
http://www.bjsoffroad.com/

And this one
zmjeeps.com

I have all kinds of information on full size Jeep places,I used to run a website for them,if you want anymore information on where to look,anyone can hit me up.I'm more than happy to help anyone try to find parts,or information.

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just curious, whats a good place to shop for old Jeeps like this?

Good advice to look for one in AZ or NV, especially if it spent its whole life there. The only problem is they are rare and take lots of patience to find one semi-equipped the way you want and not in need of TOTAL overhaul. They are great trucks and were used, if you know what I mean. I looked long and hard to find a SWB 360 with a two speed xfer case. Totally struck out and finally settled for a Comanche. No regrets since I drive it more than the JKUR. Good luck on the search.:yup:

Top Bottom