Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm doing some reorganizing of my deck. Moved all of my roll up tool bags and my set of impact sockets to the driver's side small section. The passenger side small section is just the right depth and width to carry a roll up table.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463459135.217816.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463459186.022064.jpg

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Doing some random searching on the web and came across this. Probably a little pricey but still pretty cool

View attachment 185887

Sharkey, I saw that Safe Jack is running a sale right now, but only through May 20th. Discount code is GEARUP2016 and gets you 15% off.

You guys are awesome. I was just waiting for this kind of discount. I ordered the Adapter for 12 ton bottle jacks and then I will be able to use the 3 piece starter kit. They custom make the adapter to fit any outer diameter jack, so I did not need to go with their jack.

The US Jack I received is pretty amazing. I was able to lift RubySky with just a couple of fingers on the handle.

Thank you both for finding this for me!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well that's fucked up. They totally pulled a NR4x4. The price of the kit has increased since I posted the screenshot above and now, even with the discount, the kit costs more than it used to. I hate it when people jack their prices up 20% and then have a 15% off sale. :mad:

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 8.44.52 AM.png

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Well that's fucked up. They totally pulled a NR4x4. The price of the kit has increased since I posted the screenshot above and now, even with the discount, the kit costs more than it used to. I hate it when people jack their prices up 20% and then have a 15% off sale. :mad:

View attachment 203785

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Really?!?!

I wonder if they jacked up the prices on my parts also? I checked my cached image of the page and there does not appear to be a price change. But wow, am I thinking about canceling. Do we know of any other companies that offer these kinds of accessories?

GraniteCrystal

Just read all 54 pages of your build thread. Great job making due with the time/money available. You clearly take a lot of pride in your Jeep and it's looking great. I think we have similar motivations in mind for our builds so it's cool to see how someone else is solving these same problems. Keep up the great work!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Thanks! Working on my Jeep and trying to figure out the "little things" that will make it my own is a huge part of ownership for me. It's therapeutic. Honestly, if I had $50k to blow on it right now I'm not sure that I could ever just drop it off, have the work done, and pick it up. I just wish I had the skill set to build some of the ideas I have bouncing around in my head. If I learned to weld and bend tube...I'd be dangerous. :rock:

GraniteCrystal

^^ Thanks! Working on my Jeep and trying to figure out the "little things" that will make it my own is a huge part of ownership for me. It's therapeutic. Honestly, if I had $50k to blow on it right now I'm not sure that I could ever just drop it off, have the work done, and pick it up. I just wish I had the skill set to build some of the ideas I have bouncing around in my head. If I learned to weld and bend tube...I'd be dangerous. :rock:

Ha, indeed. I'm with you on all accounts.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

View attachment 203785

Well that's lame. I didn't even check the price of the original before I posted that.

But looking through their website, they must think really highly of those bottle jacks they offer. I found comparable models from other tool websites with almost identical specs. Might be easier to piece together a kit yourself with their jack pads, someone else's bottle jack and a generic canvas bag to throw it all in.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone know if Ozark Trail is just a Walmart rebrand of Coleman? I found this for $59. The tabletop looks a little more updated (the Coleman has a 70's pattern) and the metal is all powder coated. Apart from that, it looks the same and is less expensive.

Ozark
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 2.45.17 PM.png

Coleman
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 12.04.43 PM.png

Top Bottom