Shark "Tank"

I'm late to the party, but nonetheless I am certainly happy to see you back in a JK. Congratulations on the Shark Tank!

I kept it relatively simple. Cloth but heated seats, 430 NAV, upgraded speakers with floor sub, 4.10's, auto, tow, hard top and flares in black, connectivity group, air conditioning.

Congrats on getting back into a JK! Just out of curiosity, why the 430 vs the 730 NAV? Just personal preference? Looking forward to seeing and reading about the build!

Congrats on getting back into a JK! Just out of curiosity, why the 430 vs the 730 NAV? Just personal preference? Looking forward to seeing and reading about the build!

Almost didn't get NAV at all. It's just not high on my need list given the functionality of my smart phone (and the fact you don't have to pay to update the maps on a smartphone). Basically, it just came down to saving a little money and still getting something I can add a back up camera to and that has a touch screen interface.

I will say this though, the resolution of the 430 NAV sucks compared to the unit that was in my '09 (and especially compared to my wife's 5 series BMW).

Almost didn't get NAV at all. It's just not high on my need list given the functionality of my smart phone (and the fact you don't have to pay to update the maps on a smartphone). Basically, it just came down to saving a little money and still getting something I can add a back up camera to and that has a touch screen interface.

I will say this though, the resolution of the 430 NAV sucks compared to the unit that was in my '09 (and especially compared to my wife's 5 series BMW).

I have to agree. I added a second hand '14 model 430N RHB nav to my '15 for the same reasons. Wanted touchscreen ability and the ability to add a back up camera, with factory appearance. The resolution absolutely sucks. The RER MyGig that was in my '08 Rubi had a much better picture. I really didn't notice it much, until I bought my wife a '15 Ford C Max SEL with the Sync/My Ford Touch nav. Now it drives me nuts.

Makes sense. That stinks the resolution is worse 6 years later! But I bet it's a small price to pay compared to having a JK again...

Congrats on the new tank Sharkey! Love the color.

I need to do something similar with my security drawer. I've got some cheap foam I threw in there and it works...but it could easily be made to be much nicer. I'm going to avoid fitted foam just because my wife drives the jeep sometimes and her carry is different than mine.

Top Bottom