Shark "Tank"

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^Yep, I get that risk and if it happens down the road, so be it. For at least the next several years though, 35's will likely be just fine. We will see if I feel the same way when I'm about to take the leap.

JeepFan

Hooked
Wow! :eek: You're way ahead of me on building your Jeep. Although I did install a set of Truck-Lites and rear seat grab handles yesterday. :yup:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see you diving right into this Jeep Sharkey!! :thumb:

Wow! :eek: You're way ahead of me on building your Jeep. Although I did install a set of Truck-Lites and rear seat grab handles yesterday. :yup:

LOL!! I think the skids trump your lights, better get to work :D

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I feel like at some point in time someone told me those nuts are used on the production line, however I have no idea where I saw that or who it was lol

Possibly hanging the cage from an overhead crane to set it in the tub while the Jeep goes down the assembly line? Either way, I never knew they were there and it's a great idea to bolt brackets for hanging luggage vertically :yup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Done and done. Think I'm going to get a second strap for the passenger side. The angle of the seat makes it difficult to get the strap in the middle of the extinguisher using the existing holes in the seat mounting bars.

I also had to play around with the driver's side a bit to get just the right angle on the extinguisher so the pull tab wouldn't hit the interior door panel. Once I got it in the right place though, there is plenty of room.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437861719.707955.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437861741.775028.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437861756.368422.jpg

So that's nearly 6 lbs of BC dry agent in easy reach. Next will probably be a single 5lbs ABC on the rear cage for more of a general ground fire situation.

Last edited:

CREEPR

Looks great! If I might suggest flipping the drivers side where the business end points behind you. Much less likely to accidentally discharge. Glad to see people taking safety seriously.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks great! If I might suggest flipping the drivers side where the business end points behind you. Much less likely to accidentally discharge. Glad to see people taking safety seriously.

I would if I could (I tried). The angles of the seat bracket and heights of the seats on the frames are different between the two seats. Flipping the driver's side ends up putting pressure on the handle. Plus, with the red tabs in, an accidental discharge is at least a little less likely.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Done and done. Think I'm going to get a second strap for the passenger side. The angle of the seat makes it difficult to get the strap in the middle of the extinguisher using the existing holes in the seat mounting bars.

I also had to play around with the driver's side a bit to get just the right angle on the extinguisher so the pull tab wouldn't hit the interior door panel. One I got it in the right place though, there is plenty of room.

View attachment 155835
View attachment 155836
View attachment 155837

So that's nearly 6 lbs of BC dry agent in easy reach. Next will probably be a single 5lbs ABC on the rear cage for more of a general ground fire situation.

Nice!! Good job on the install. :thumb:

Remlap

First let me say congratulations on the new rig. I just found this thread.

This sounds like what I said when mine was new. Now I have 5.13s, a PR44 and can't wait until I can afford 37s.

Can I chime in?

I have decided to build to 35's as well and that's it, I will never as long as I can see, nor want to afford 37's (built right) for what I want to do. Always going alone with the wife and two girls since no one likes me much/and/or just bails on me like them pansies that bitch about this forum...

So that being said, if y'all were to do the best non coilover lift, what is the ideal setup needed to run 35's keeping the stock fenders intact?

JKUR - 10th anniversary bumpers, Warn Zeon and Hi lift jack up front - 120 lbs? Full Rockhard skids, 1.5" spacers and I am running 285/75/17 (33" exactly, mounted) BFG KM2's now, no rubbing with a 2.5" front/1.75" rear spacer lift. I plan on adding Rockhard sportcage too so there will be a bit more weight, I already have the C gussets done.

I want the best springs/shocks/brake line extensions/axle correction etc. to make this work good without rubbing uncut fenders.

Want this thing as low as possible and not having to weld on or change too much shit, like the driveshaft, if possible.

I'm sure it's been gone over many times but any advise or personal experience much appreciated!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Take a look at "The Building of Meanst". It's my buddy's rig and I did the work building it. Sounds pretty much like exactly what you are looking for.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok. MTG inspired me with the custom deck. I was going to get the ORV stealth shelf, but I think I can build it more to my liking by doing it myself.

Stay tuned if you are interested.

Step one: crafting some brackets to hold the support beams. I will be using only factory holes.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437880157.156018.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437880225.285465.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Painting my new brackets. Oh how I missed duplicolor spray cans. (Seriously, I missed finding crap to paint)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437881778.972312.jpg

naysjp

Caught the Bug
That's a great color Sharkey. If I ever get another Jeep, I am going to custom it. I should have this current JK (provided it doesn't get snatched) and won't be in a hurry and can wait the 6-8 wks. LOL.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Brackets look like they will work to hold the cross support on the back and the two parallel supports running towards the front.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437928654.807271.jpg

Now I just need to get some wood and borrow a table saw and jigsaw. Cutting the deck to fit will be the most difficult part.

Top Bottom