Show Off Your Guns!

bthomas

Nothing as impressive as some of you guys, but I finally got two of my grandfather's .22s cleaned and safety checked. Took them to the range this weekend and was amazed at how well they shot after about 40 years being in a drawer. These are each over 80 years old and are working like brand new!

Colt Woodsman pistol
View attachment 230952

Remington Model 24
View attachment 230954

Just plinkers, but super fun to shoot. Was hitting metal targets at about 50 yards.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice! The connection and the history are priceless. Love the Colt still has some paperwork, is the box Colt too?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh and I work at a local store that has its class II so we can Demo for local PD's and have post 86 Demo guns so we do a machine gun shoot every year IMG_1479174708.313176.jpg
HK416, G36D, UMP, MP5, and a Kriss Vector all full Auto and it was an amazing day

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SPOOOBY

X3 I will say, im a fan of something that requires a "bullet button" in California...

I dont mind posting my bow though! Its a Hoyt Carbon Element.. I dont know if anyone else is into archery, but I hope this will suffice. :beer:

Silent killer[emoji106]

If you're not living your dead already!

GraniteCrystal

View attachment 230983 View attachment 230984
Hit the Remington 700 with a rattle can paint job and some clear, fairly happy with how it turned out. I am still waiting on my suppressor that I put in for back on May 31

Nicely done. Thought of doing the same to my Sako A7. That stainless barrel is a little too shiny for my taste.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I recently picked up a Daniel Defense DDM4v11 and I figure this is a good place to ask for opinions on optics. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I would like something reliable and strong that I can use with both eyes open at close range and also use out to a few hundred yards if need be. Right now, the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 is high on my list of possibilities. Any other suggestions?

WJCO

Meme King
I recently picked up a Daniel Defense DDM4v11 and I figure this is a good place to ask for opinions on optics. I'm not looking to break the bank, but I would like something reliable and strong that I can use with both eyes open at close range and also use out to a few hundred yards if need be. Right now, the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 is high on my list of possibilities. Any other suggestions?

You're probably going to get a ton of opinions on scopes, but here's what I got for a relatively cheap scope. I am not really experienced with a lot of scopes, but have loved this one. I have had this thing for about five years, and the same battery in it working strong. I have this on an AK that stays accurate at 100 yards (that's pretty good for an AK). I used to work on the road and would stop often at a shooting range when I got off of work, so for years this thing banged around in the trunk of a car (in a soft case) and ALWAYS stayed accurate. It has a rubberized coating and is shock-absorbant. I don't shoot with both eyes open, so can't comment on that. But other than that, I recommend this thing to everyone looking for a scope.

DSC04221.JPG

DSC04224.jpg

DSC04222.jpg

It was much more when I bought it, looks like it's gone down a lot. Old model I guess.

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/nc-sta...plusbox-beta&gclid=CL2Lk8qmq9ACFZQ0aQodOnYHFw

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I'm partial to Aimpoint, especially since I saw Larry Vickers torture a DDM4, and the aimpoint worked, even after blowing it up. The have no magnification, though so out to 300, it would be all on your ability and eyesight.

IMG_1479233653.679920.jpg

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
My ability and eyesight...that's funny. In that case I definitely need some magnification. :cheesy:

Friend, I would HIGHLY recommend the Vortex. The magnification range of 1-6x is perfect for what you want to do, anything more and you are pushing the capabilities of the round itself (assuming you went with 5.56mm or .223?).

The Aimpoints are when I have on my rifles, Comp M4 for my wife's rifle and T1 for mine, both short barrel rifles. However, they are not good at range. For that, I have the Trijicon ACOG 4x. But these are all pretty expensive options.

I pretty much tell everyone who is not super serious about shooting to go with Vortex. They have a very large range of scopes that fit so many needs. You cannot go wrong with the awesome customer service and unlimited warranty replacement (Which I have tested, ask me how). The value to money ratio is very high with Vortex.

Good luck and let me know when you want to go out shooting sometime. I have steel targets that are fun to hit at distance and you can learn a ton. Meanwhile, this weekend, I am taking my H&K MR556A1 out for coyote hunting. It is super fun.

Ddays

Hooked
I seriously hate looking at this damn thread.
As if I don't spend enough money on jeep parts, new coffee grinders, $16.00 per 12oz bag of whole bean Murdered Out BRCC coffee, jeep parts, beer, bourbon, jeep parts, and steaks from Costco....... :shock:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Friend, I would HIGHLY recommend the Vortex. The magnification range of 1-6x is perfect for what you want to do, anything more and you are pushing the capabilities of the round itself (assuming you went with 5.56mm or .223?).

The Aimpoints are when I have on my rifles, Comp M4 for my wife's rifle and T1 for mine, both short barrel rifles. However, they are not good at range. For that, I have the Trijicon ACOG 4x. But these are all pretty expensive options.

I pretty much tell everyone who is not super serious about shooting to go with Vortex. They have a very large range of scopes that fit so many needs. You cannot go wrong with the awesome customer service and unlimited warranty replacement (Which I have tested, ask me how). The value to money ratio is very high with Vortex.

Good luck and let me know when you want to go out shooting sometime. I have steel targets that are fun to hit at distance and you can learn a ton. Meanwhile, this weekend, I am taking my H&K MR556A1 out for coyote hunting. It is super fun.

I would second Vortex if your looking for a decent optic with some magnification and won't break your bank.

WJCO

Meme King
I seriously hate looking at this damn thread.
As if I don't spend enough money on jeep parts, new coffee grinders, $16.00 per 12oz bag of whole bean Murdered Out BRCC coffee, jeep parts, beer, bourbon, jeep parts, and steaks from Costco....... :shock:

Coming from the guy who bought a 500 dollar hood and had it painted :cheesy: It happens to the best of us.

Draconianwinter

I like vortex optics. I have one of their scopes on my bn308. Personally though I would look into something like either the aim point or eotech. I know eotech makes a magnifier that can be mounted behind their red dot for further range of need be. Down side is their stuff is pricey. I have an eotech on my sr762 and no complaints at all with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom