Smokers, grills, and the B-B-Qs

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Typically the way it's done in all the food industry. Keeps it from losing flavor or getting burrs from brushes on the grates.

If your grill is seasoned properly it really won't need more than a paper towel to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am no expert, but my next door neighbor has a competition BBQ team and he only cleans the grates with a fresh onion.

Never heard of using an onion but I might try it. For general clean up, I usually use a wire brush right after a cook when the grates are really hot. Once a year, however, I gotta take the grates off and clean out the collected grease and junk because my grill has a crappy grease trap system. At that point, I usually soak the grates in my sink with hot water and soap but it makes a big mess and I don't like letting even a little grease down the drain. The seasoning aspect makes total sense since the grates are cast iron. I don't know why I didn't think of it that way. Guess I'll just stick with what I been doing. Thanks to those who responded. Grill on!!!!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Never heard of using an onion but I might try it. For general clean up, I usually use a wire brush right after a cook when the grates are really hot. Once a year, however, I gotta take the grates off and clean out the collected grease and junk because my grill has a crappy grease trap system. At that point, I usually soak the grates in my sink with hot water and soap but it makes a big mess and I don't like letting even a little grease down the drain. The seasoning aspect makes total sense since the grates are cast iron. I don't know why I didn't think of it that way. Guess I'll just stick with what I been doing. Thanks to those who responded. Grill on!!!!!!

If you wash with soap and water you need to make sure you season the grates like they were new. Bacon grease is the way to go if you have it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Came out pretty good. Seasoning was bomb but I think I might brine next time or rub 24 hours in advance to let it soak in a little more. Nice smoke ring. Could have probably used a few more hours but I didn't want to eat dinner at 10pm.

IMG_0459.jpg
IMG_0460.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg

Made a little vinegar based sauce to splash over the top. Not a fan of think sauces (really sauce in general).

GraniteCrystal

Came out pretty good. Seasoning was bomb but I think I might brine next time or rub 24 hours in advance to let it soak in a little more. Nice smoke ring. Could have probably used a few more hours but I didn't want to eat dinner at 10pm.

View attachment 272713
View attachment 272714
View attachment 272715

Made a little vinegar based sauce to splash over the top. Not a fan of think sauces (really sauce in general).
Dang that looks good. You're chef yeah? Where?

WJCO

Meme King

Looks good for sure. Do you do mustard prior to rub? We've always had good luck with that. Good shit.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

View attachment 272713
View attachment 272714
View attachment 272715

That's a lot of pulled pork! [emoji15]

Top Bottom