Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

RCVRY

I also like to load up my drip pan with taters, carrots, onion and celery. Add a can of Golden Mushroom soup with a can of water. While the beef rests I'll put a foil lid on the pan and finish the veg's. I use a deep foil pan for my drip pan btw.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

pop2tu

This isn't a smoker. It's just a charcoal grill. You can use it as a smoker along with any other charcoal grill, it's just not as easy as a straight up smoker.

I got this to hold me over until I decide which smoker I want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a master built electric and the char griller, I prefer the Char Griller. Works great and is really easy to control temperature. Here is a pic of mine IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0267.JPG

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I was visiting family in Truckee, CA recently and my cousin whipped up some ribs in his home built smoker. He has a Rotisserie that fits on top for smoking whole pigs; I need a rig like this!

20170624_135502_zpsjiyj0vbh.jpg

Holy Crap. That looks awesome.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Oops can't edit my previous post...

I love bbq and smoking. Built myself a Santa Maria bbq for grilling over oak, and then an insulated reverse flow smoker for all the other good stuff.

FB_IMG_1500253556767.jpg

DSC_4124-2.jpeg

This was a while ago... But just can never have enough pulled pork. FB_IMG_1500253565806.jpg

G-mansjk

I usually hate chicken but I tried smoking one whole and it turned out amazing.
Split that sucker, brine it in a little water with salt, soy sauce, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, season it to your liking and spray with Apple juice every 15 min it comes out freaking amazing 20170926_180302.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Smoked a pork loin. It was small, so I went about 2.5 hours.

IMG_0498.jpg

Here’s the marinade and rub. A little tequila, and soy sauce, and a bottle of Italian Dressing. Marinaded for about a day, then put on the rub. I used applewood.

IMG_0499.jpg

Top Bottom