SMORR June 13th-14th

JayKay

Caught the Bug
That sounds good. I'll keep you posted! Probably head out of St. Louis by 9 or 10.

We were planning on dropping the kids at daycare in Washington around 8:00 and leaving from there, think we could meet in St. Clair by 9:00? I know it's a while out, just keep me posted. Are you guys planning on camping or staying in a hotel?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Are there any good water crossings at the park, for some reason I have a thing for driving through water. :thumb:

EZ-E

Are there any good water crossings at the park, for some reason I have a thing for driving through water. :thumb:

Depends on rain fall. There are a few trails that are literally driving up/down a creek. Was planning on hitting them since they're on the easier end of the spectrum and still kinda fun.

Kickrocks

I would love to join, if I am still in the state. I can let you guys now further once the date draws nearer.

Thanks

jedg

I'm here this weekend. Great place. I got a chance to speak with one of the SMORR guides about the trails. As well as my personal experience.

1 - basically a level gravel road
2 - drove a bunch of these today - mostly tight turns with some off-camber spots and a few ledges that are no taller than 12 inches
3 - more off-camber stuff. Steeper climbs. Rocks that are soccer ball size for some trails. Ledges around 18 inches
4 - lots of off camber. Rocks that are between soccer ball and beach ball. Ledges in tough hill climbs.
5 - very challenging. Lockers a must. Likely to damage something.

I did Larry's Hill and the Black Momba hill today. Those are ratings of low 5. That's my upper limits.

I'll post a more detailed report of the trails we ran when I return on Sunday.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I'm here this weekend. Great place. I got a chance to speak with one of the SMORR guides about the trails. As well as my personal experience.

2 - drove a bunch of these today - mostly tight turns with some off-camber spots and a few ledges that are no taller than 12 inches
3 - more off-camber stuff. Steeper climbs. Rocks that are soccer ball size for some trails. Ledges around 18 inches
4 - lots of off camber. Rocks that are between soccer ball and beach ball. Ledges in tough hill climbs.

I did Larry's Hill and the Black Momba hill today. Those are ratings of low 5. That's my upper limits.

Pics too please:yup:

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Thanks for the report!

Top Bottom