Spider Monkeys build diary, photo log and wish list

pinkcamotexan

So I believe I have decided on a 3.5" lift and 35's. I have been looking and looking and have yet to decide on the wheels I want. The search is on!

Kyle7R

So I believe I have decided on a 3.5" lift and 35's. I have been looking and looking and have yet to decide on the wheels I want. The search is on!

bumping up from the level so soon?

You could definitely run 35's with that lift, and some trimmed/flat fenders if you wanted to. Nick has a similar setup, if I recall correctly.

Napalm

You could definitely run 35's with that lift, and some trimmed/flat fenders if you wanted to. Nick has a similar setup, if I recall correctly.

If you run flat fenders, you can run the level that you have right now with 35s. Texas Nick and myself have both ran this setup. I never had any problems with this setup. You'll need to upgrade brake lines and bump stops when start wheeling hard, and shocks won't hurt either.

IMO, 3.5 is a little high for 35s, but I'm a low COG man, so that's just my opinion. :)

Exodus 4x4

If you run flat fenders, you can run the level that you have right now with 35s. Texas Nick and myself have both ran this setup. I never had any problems with this setup. You'll need to upgrade brake lines and bump stops when start wheeling hard, and shocks won't hurt either.

IMO, 3.5 is a little high for 35s, but I'm a low COG man, so that's just my opinion. :)

I second this. I have a 4" lift and even with my 37's I'd prefer to be lower than where I'm at now. When I change suspensions I'll most likely build my rig to sit lower. But like always it's about what YOU want and what you're building YOUR jeep to be.

pinkcamotexan

I do plan on cutting my fenders for sure!!

Ok, so stay with the leveling kit and go 35's. I like it! I have been looking at tires and I like some of them, but not in love with them, same goes for the wheels.

Napalm

Ok, so stay with the leveling kit and go 35's. I like it! I have been looking at tires and I like some of them, but not in love with them, same goes for the wheels.

Go this route, and if you end up hating it you can always go with a 3.5 lift later on! :)

JeepJeep75

I share your dilemma with trying to figure out which wheels to go with. Wheel style seems to change pretty quick. It sucks investing such a large amount of money into wheels then they go out of style so soon.

Kyle7R

Tires, if you want to go with a Mud Terrain I'd look at Nittos, Toyos, or even Coopers (my favorite, I think) For wheels it's all personal preference, but I'd stay in the 17's for size. There are plenty of folks that keep the stock wheels like yours, spacers and 35's, and it looks damn good.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Honestly, i feel a 3.5 is too much lift for 35s. Hell, sometimes i feel like my my Evo Leveling kit looks tall on 35s. But i have my fenders cut so it looks a little taller to the eye.

Correctomundo. All you have to do to fit the 35s is cut your fenders and your golden. If you do end up getting longer shocks, you will need brake line extentions in the rear and maybe a 1" bumpstop ext in the rear and maybe 1-2" in the front.
I second this. I have a 4" lift and even with my 37's I'd prefer to be lower than where I'm at now. When I change suspensions I'll most likely build my rig to sit lower. But like always it's about what YOU want and what you're building YOUR jeep to be.
This is also true. For me, i would do a 3" on 37s. But my jeep is usually light so i can keep it low. If you carry around a lot of people/supplies/coolers/ body armor. I would say 3" would look good on 35s.
It all on how you equip your jeep and the aesthetics YOU would like.

As Kyle said. You cant go wrong with the 3 choices of tires hw stated. Either for MTs or even ATs. I personally got the Falken MTs cause the price couldnt be beat when they came out from Discount Tire.

Top Bottom