TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: I have to admit, back when they were still keeping quite about all this, I was starting to think there might be some kind of lawsuit in the works. Certainly, they could of had some kind of contract with their Chinese manufacturer where they would retain the rights to this POS tire carrier so long as they met minimum orders. This was the case with Poison Spyder and their Spyderloc Wheels - ATX was manufacturing them for Poison Spyder but, once they failed to meet the required minimum orders, ATX gained full control over the design and then released the Slab.

Of course, now that TeraFlex going public about all this, it's just further proof that they have NOTHING on Smittybilt. If anything, I'd be willing to bet that Smittybilt IS the Chinese manufacturer (Transamerica) who's been making these tire carriers for TeraFlex in the first place. If TeraFlex really had a case against them and was planning some kind of legal action, I seriously doubt that their attorneys would be good with them making a public statement like this.

Thanks for posting that up Jason. Yet further PROOF that TeraFlex is full of it. May their fanboys always embrace them.

OJK12

The entire comment they made was just ridiculous! They sound like they are running scared that smittybilt will actually build it better then their design and take sales away from their craptastic company.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
No no, it's a duplicate of less quality.

I know this is same company that blamed their customers for the tire carrier breaks. But how can they say it is a cheap imitation when it seems like it was made in the same damn factory?

And they call WOLers sheeple....

Loading please wait....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: I have to admit, back when they were still keeping quite about all this, I was starting to think there might be some kind of lawsuit in the works. Certainly, they could of had some kind of contract with their Chinese manufacturer where they would retain the rights to this POS tire carrier so long as they met minimum orders. This was the case with Poison Spyder and their Spyderloc Wheels - ATX was manufacturing them for Poison Spyder but, once they failed to meet the required minimum orders, ATX gained full control over the design and then released the Slab.

Of course, now that TeraFlex going public about all this, it's just further proof that they have NOTHING on Smittybilt. If anything, I'd be willing to bet that Smittybilt IS the Chinese manufacturer (Transamerica) who's been making these tire carriers for TeraFlex in the first place. If TeraFlex really had a case against them and was planning some kind of legal action, I seriously doubt that their attorneys would be good with them making a public statement like this.

Thanks for posting that up Jason. Yet further PROOF that TeraFlex is full of it. May their fanboys always embrace them.

spenny

I wish I saw this thread before I bought and installed mine... oh well, may turn just into a fancy hinge one day...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do all the tards crying in the comments of that post realize that it is the same damn carrier, made by an umbrella manufacturer that sells to them all, just with a different name?

:cheesy: These are fanboys you're talking about. Their love and devotion to TeraFlex blinds them from the truth and they could never see anything but righteousness in them.

I wish I saw this thread before I bought and installed mine... oh well, may turn just into a fancy hinge one day...

Funny, every time I posted up about this, the haters would come out and say how everyone already knows about it and that I was just beating a dead horse.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: These are fanboys you're talking about. Their love and devotion to TeraFlex blinds them from the truth and they could never see anything but righteousness in them.

Funny, every time I posted up about this, the haters would come out and say how everyone already knows about it and that I was just beating a dead horse.

This is super suspect......dude is grillin em.
Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 8.57.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 8.58.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 8.56.22 PM.png

coach

:cheesy:

ROFLWAFFLES....according to teraflex, the quality is only good if they ALLOW you to rip off the design.

View attachment 111257

Private labeling is not when you allow someone else to manufacturer your design. Private labeling is when you manufacturer a product and then put a different label on it allowing another company to use and sell it under a different name. It's like AEV making the hoods and bumpers that are for sale on some Jeeps. It's labeled Mopar, but it's an AEV product. Ditto for the Mopar winches. They're made by Warn. Look up "Mopar 82202612" on google. That's what they're referring to in regards to private labeling.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Private labeling is not when you allow someone else to manufacturer your design. Private labeling is when you manufacturer a product and then put a different label on it allowing another company to use and sell it under a different name. It's like AEV making the hoods and bumpers that are for sale on some Jeeps. It's labeled Mopar, but it's an AEV product. Ditto for the Mopar winches. They're made by Warn. Look up "Mopar 82202612" on google. That's what they're referring to in regards to private labeling.

Correct, but that's not what they are doing. AEV actually produces their own products. They have a factory, stamping machines, order steel, etc, so they can private label. Teraflex does NOT have their own factory, so they don't private label....they basically license, meaning, the company that makes their crap will make someone else's crap, so whatever company makes their carrier now makes Mopar carriers, Smittybilt, and Rugged Ridge carriers. Basically it's what we have been saying all along....order enough units from a company, they will let you stick your name on it...so technically yes, they are private labeling, but it's not teraflex thats doing it...it's the company producing them.

Top Bottom