Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

And just so it's clear to everyone attending, for those of you that choose to camp, we will be camping as a group. The trail leaders will be coordinating with each other throughout the day for a final meeting place where we will set up camp, have dinner, drinks and socialize with our old and new friends :)

If you prefer to stay in a hotel, that's fine too. But we encourage you to stay for dinner and a good time. The hotels are only about a 5 minute drive into town!

We are looking into a hotel, but ONLY if the weather sucks. I won't be able to sleep in a tent if it's more then 65 or so outside... I don't care if it rains, I don't care if it's windy, I DO care if it's hot, and have the option :(

We are looking into a hotel, but ONLY if the weather sucks. I won't be able to sleep in a tent if it's more then 65 or so outside... I don't care if it rains, I don't care if it's windy, I DO care if it's hot, and have the option :(

LoL, I understand. I am the same way! We will play it by ear as far as the weather goes. I assume it's going to be 90s in the day in May but I'm not sure about the night temps.

Put me on the maybe list +1. I have a few things to buy for the jeep before it goes anywhere.

Got you added. Hope you can make it :)

Just so everyone also knows, I'm no longer asking for a picture of your rig when you sign up.

How many are going from Tulsa? Will there be a group driving down together?
Steve

Steve,
Thanks for your interest in this run. As of right now we don't have anyone signed up coming from your area. But, there's still plenty of time to sign up so you never know. You can be the first one and get a convoy from Oklahoma started.

:)

I second this. If night time temps are hot, then the tent stays home.

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

I second this. If night time temps are hot, then the tent stays home.

An advanced look at the weather shows night time temps in the 60s.. So it'll be hard to nail it down until we get a little closer! Luckily we have a few hotel options just incase.

An advanced look at the weather shows night time temps in the 60s.. So it'll be hard to nail it down until we get a little closer! Luckily we have a few hotel options just incase.

I'll camp, no issues with it being hot or cold. I'll pack accordingly. Maybe July/August I'll think differently.

other Houston folks, driving up early early Saturday morning..

I know that Texas Nick is coming from Pasadena..

This is correct. I usually leave the morning of at about 5 am at the latest. Being that everyone is trying to be there by 8. Im thinking of leaving the night before or by 4 am. Since it takes about 4 hours if your doing 80 the whole way there. So if your interested in meeting up and convoying, just let me know.

Top Bottom