thardy's slowest build thread ever...

thardy

Banned
Stock rubi shocks i di t think theyll know they werent yours originally. They didnt know my jeep didnt come with rubicon wheels/tires when i got mine replaced

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was what I was thinking. I'll see what I can't work out next week.

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

thardy

Banned
Well decided to join a group hitting one of the more difficult trails in the area. A little nervous, but excited to test myself and the Jeep. Based on the fact that my 285s will be the smallest tire on the trip, something tells me that my ProTek skids are going to get a workout.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well decided to join a group hitting one of the more difficult trails in the area. A little nervous, but excited to test myself and the Jeep. Based on the fact that my 285s will be the smallest tire on the trip, something tells me that my ProTek skids are going to get a workout.

That is what they are there for! Have fun!

thardy

Banned
Very true. Ended up having a buddy with a stock TJ want to join and he wanted to go to the local race track for some kart racing. I can't turn down kart racing. Looks like the skid plates got to look all clean and shiny for a little longer.

thardy

Banned
Well, starting 2015 off right, and by right, I mean with a rock to the windshield on the way to work this morning.

thardy

Banned
Not too much movement on the build as of late. Hopefully I'll be able to make some decent progress on things now that it is coming off of DD duty this month. As of now, just looking forward to getting my new windshield banner on! Hoping it comes in tomorrow! Jeep looks so naked.

theprospect13

It rides great, but not my first vehicle with mud tires. The Rubicon suspension has been the best thing I've done so far. It rides like a completely different Jeep now.

I also swapped my soft two door X springs for 4door rubi's and the handling is perfect, plus I got an inch of lift out of them ;)

thardy

Banned
So, I've been thinking a lot about my plans of what to do for 2015, and I believe I have come up with my goals for the rig. While it's a small list as of right now, my main goal for this year is to wheel as much as possible and learn the rig and its capabilities where it stands.

[ ] Evo Axle Gussets
[ ] Winch (Quadratec Q9500is more than likely)
[ ] RockHard winch plate for factory bumper
[ ] ARB Recovery Essentials Pack
[ ] Fire Extinguisher and Holder
[ ] Trim the factory flares

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks like a solid plan. Ive got the Rock Hard winch plate and my only complaint it that it was a pain to install.

thardy

Banned
So, it's been a little strange for me to have the Jeep sitting in the driveway all week since I got my work truck on Monday. Really looking forward to the good weather this weekend so that I can install the top portion of my SpiderWebShade and drive it around some.

JK LYF

So, it's been a little strange for me to have the Jeep sitting in the driveway all week since I got my work truck on Monday. Really looking forward to the good weather this weekend so that I can install the top portion of my SpiderWebShade and drive it around some.

Can you post some pics when you get the SpiderWebShade on? Thinking about getting one. Just wanted to see how it looks. Subscribed to your build!

trailless

Caught the Bug
Is there a shop you would recommend? I have some c gussets that I need installed and hopefully find a reliable shop.

KingCopperhead

Slow n steady wins the race!

Just took a look through your thread and I love what you're doing with the jeep. Everything seems really well thought out and you're buying stuff that you actually need rather than rushing headlong into a build without thinking (like I did!)

Also, love the red and granite. I had the same color combo on my camaro! UNLV colors ftw!

Nice build! Hopefully we will meet up this summer on an East coast wayalife trip.

thardy

Banned
Can you post some pics when you get the SpiderWebShade on? Thinking about getting one. Just wanted to see how it looks. Subscribed to your build!

Absolutely! I put the side window portions on last weekend, so that I could take my 15 month old out for a ride since it was so nice. A little to cold for the full top. So far, I love the product.

thardy

Banned
Is there a shop you would recommend? I have some c gussets that I need installed and hopefully find a reliable shop.
I've got a couple places I would recommend. They're pretty much all on the north end of town though. I'll send you a PM.

thardy

Banned
Slow n steady wins the race!

Just took a look through your thread and I love what you're doing with the jeep. Everything seems really well thought out and you're buying stuff that you actually need rather than rushing headlong into a build without thinking (like I did!)

Also, love the red and granite. I had the same color combo on my camaro! UNLV colors ftw!

Nice build! Hopefully we will meet up this summer on an East coast wayalife trip.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I'm definitely not a fan of spending $ unnecessarily. It's definitely tempting just to buy what's affordable at the moment, but I've done that WAY too many times to count. Surprisingly, I'm actually enjoying taking my time building this rig. It's allowing me to truly learn what it's capable of throughout each mod.

Looking forward to meeting you one of these days as well!

Top Bottom