The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Exodus 4x4

Are you putting a cap on the number? This sounds like a fantastic trip! :thumb::thumb: I could not commit before but I'm working to nail it down.

No cap as of yet. People tend to drop out or fade away the closer these things get, so we'll just keep it open and if it really turns to be a large group then we'll split up when we get there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Sounds like an AWESOME trip! In Telluride, if you stop at the Cornerhouse Grille, be sure to order the tomato soup and grilled cheese! I know it sounds stupid, but that is some of the BEST looking soup I have ever seen. My buddies all said it was good. I opted for a chicken sandwich which was good as well :)

Buster3479

Put my wife and I down as IN!

We've been planning an epic 3+ week trip this year to drive to and run the Rubicon from Maryland, then hitting Moab and Ouray on the way back. This makes planning the 2nd and 3rd legs easy, and commits us to dates for the trip. We'll start looking at and booking lodging this weekend. It's going to be a long long trip, but worth every minute of it.

We'd also like 2 large T-shirts, and 2 large Hoodies!

I'll have to start working on the Rubicon planning the week before.

Flat Top

I've been lurking around the Houston/Texas group long enough so it's time to jump in.

Please add me as a GOING! Super pumped for this trip!

I need to make some get togethers/wrenching parties to get to know folks.

Exodus 4x4

Put my wife and I down as IN!

We've been planning an epic 3+ week trip this year to drive to and run the Rubicon from Maryland, then hitting Moab and Ouray on the way back. This makes planning the 2nd and 3rd legs easy, and commits us to dates for the trip. We'll start looking at and booking lodging this weekend. It's going to be a long long trip, but worth every minute of it.

We'd also like 2 large T-shirts, and 2 large Hoodies!

I'll have to start working on the Rubicon planning the week before.

I've been lurking around the Houston/Texas group long enough so it's time to jump in.

Please add me as a GOING! Super pumped for this trip!

I need to make some get togethers/wrenching parties to get to know folks.

You've both been added!

That brings us up to 24 going and 17 tentative!

Shirt and hoodie orders won't be taken until later this year, depending on when the person doing them can deliver. I'll keep you updated.

Flat Top

Thanks for the add!

Can you clarify the route back to Texas on the 28th? The OP states Ft. Sumner, NM on the way back but in skimming the thread I also see ALBUQUERQUE on the route back as well. Just making reservations and want to make sure they are in the right place. :D Sorry I have the OLDS....

DayDateOvernightOptions
Thursday9-21-17ALBUQUERQUEKOA / Other
Friday9-22-17OurayKOA / Other
Saturday9-23-17OurayKOA / Other
Sunday9-24-17OurayKOA / Other
Monday9-25-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Tuesday9-26-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Wednesday9-27-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Thursday9-28-17Ft. Sumner, NMKOA / Other
Friday9-29-17Home

Exodus 4x4

Thanks for the add!

Can you clarify the route back to Texas on the 28th? The OP states Ft. Sumner, NM on the way back but in skimming the thread I also see ALBUQUERQUE on the route back as well. Just making reservations and want to make sure they are in the right place. :D Sorry I have the OLDS....

DayDateOvernightOptions
Thursday9-21-17ALBUQUERQUEKOA / Other
Friday9-22-17OurayKOA / Other
Saturday9-23-17OurayKOA / Other
Sunday9-24-17OurayKOA / Other
Monday9-25-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Tuesday9-26-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Wednesday9-27-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Thursday9-28-17Ft. Sumner, NMKOA / Other
Friday9-29-17Home

The route back isn't really specific because so many of us are scattered and there's a few out of staters attending. Heck, I might even stick around Utah for a few more days.

Buster3479

You've both been added!

That brings us up to 24 going and 17 tentative!

Shirt and hoodie orders won't be taken until later this year, depending on when the person doing them can deliver. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks Granite_head!

We'll look at booking lodging this weekend, going to ask my wife to do so. She and I try to collect Badge of Honor Trail badges wherever we go, and we'll be running 7 trails as part of the listed itinerary :rock: There's a few others near there which I have to do my homework on. Some are probably really hard, risk rollovers and body damage, some probably "libertyable". Some might even be part of the trails we're running but by names I don't know not being from there. They've been terrible about sending the badges out this year, but we'd like to try.

I might stay a few days after, and try to run the trails we're near but not running if they are doable with manageable risk. Without asking to alter the itinerary in any way, can you provide any first hand information about the following?

Elephant Hill - They list it as a 5-7
Hole in the Rock - Further away, listed as a 4-6
Steel Bender - Name sounds intimidating, they list it as a 6
Ophir Pass - Listed as a 3-4
Pritchett Canyon - This one looks and sounds hard? 7-9

Thank you again

Exodus 4x4

Thanks Granite_head!

Without asking to alter the itinerary in any way, can you provide any first hand information about the following?

Thank you again

Sorry, I can't. I'm sure somebody that does will come across this and be able to help you out.

Buster3479

No worry. I watched some Pritchett Canyon line videos today. They were pretty off camber and I puckered sitting on the couch.

Jackal01

Without asking to alter the itinerary in any way, can you provide any first hand information about the following?

Thank you again

Ophir is fairly easy. More scneic than anything else. I did it in my WK2 a few years back. It is between 550 and telluride. Saved a lot of time going from Ouray to telluride.

Top Bottom