The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

moteaux

The committee has determined the following items and conditions are required for this trip:

1) An actual functioning CB - CHECK

2) Front and rear recovery points - CHECK

3) Recovery gear - CHECK ( just used it Saturday at Hidden Falls)

4) Sway bar quick disconnects - CHECK

5) Leveling kit at the very minimum. - CHECK
Obviously it's preferred you have
a 3"-4" lift. Just know that you
most likely will not be able to
participate in everything. I don't
think I need to mention tire sizes
that should be proportionate to
to your lift.

6) Experience. This is not a - CHECK
beginners run. Although we will
will be broke down into groups,
we want to minimize down time
due to failures or inexperience.
Please join in on any local runs
that will help you learn your rigs
capabilities and allow you to
become comfortable with most of
the situations you will
encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like I am good to go!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I'm really enjoying the overhaul because it allows me to literally know this engine inside and out. This swap is going to involve a lot more than just the engine and transmission. I have a feeling pretty soon my rig is going to be out of commission for a couple of months.

Could you edit the first post to have lodging info? :thinking:

:thumb:

Jackal01

Really, we're all gonna be set up nice. What all are you waiting for before the Ex?
PR44 with Ox (cable actuated model), rear to match front, 37" Coopers. If funds allow: redneck ram, Rockstars, RH cage with rear and c pillars and Switch Pros if I do the cage since my A pillar panel will be blocked.

Last edited:

AdrockTT

I just put this trip on my radar. Might be a stretch as I do have a newborn now...not sure we can swing this trip so early. That said - can we make this a yearly event!?!

GraniteCrystal

I just put this trip on my radar. Might be a stretch as I do have a newborn now...not sure we can swing this trip so early. That said - can we make this a yearly event!?!
I'll be bringing a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old. They just won't go on every trail.

OhNoTheJiggies

So I'm at 98% going as of today... Got all min. Req. And gonna be doing a few more things before going too... Wanted to know where the bulk of people are going to be staying so that I can call tomorrow for reservations and once I got the reservations, I'll be 100% in.

OhNoTheJiggies

Thanks for the add!

Can you clarify the route back to Texas on the 28th? The OP states Ft. Sumner, NM on the way back but in skimming the thread I also see ALBUQUERQUE on the route back as well. Just making reservations and want to make sure they are in the right place. :D Sorry I have the OLDS....

DayDateOvernightOptions
Thursday9-21-17ALBUQUERQUEKOA / Other
Friday9-22-17OurayKOA / Other
Saturday9-23-17OurayKOA / Other
Sunday9-24-17OurayKOA / Other
Monday9-25-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Tuesday9-26-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Wednesday9-27-17MoabKOA / Condo / Other
Thursday9-28-17Ft. Sumner, NMKOA / Other
Friday9-29-17Home

Okay, reading back I found this... So if I just Google "KOA Albuquerque, KOA Ouray, and KOA Moab" will I get the places to call for reservations? I've never called ahead places, just showed up somewhere and got in. I know it'll be best to reserve though so I want to do that.

Jackal01

Okay, reading back I found this... So if I just Google "KOA Albuquerque, KOA Ouray, and KOA Moab" will I get the places to call for reservations? I've never called ahead places, just showed up somewhere and got in. I know it'll be best to reserve though so I want to do that.
There are two KOA for Albuquerque. Pick the one one Slyline Rd. All the others only have one KOA in the area. Many of us are in the KOAs. Throughout the thread people have been listing their lodgings as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom