The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Buster3479

It's not looking great for us. Ever since I put the 60s on, I've been chasing problem after problem. I wish I could go back to January and not order the hardcore package. I loved my PR44, and have no love for this hardcore package. We spent over 15k to "bullet proof" our rig for this and a Rubicon trip, and ended up with a rig less reliable than we've ever had.

The latest of a string of issues, I switched the hubs with new Dynatrac parts from 5x5.5 to 8x6.5, and switched wheels and tires to new 40" Cooper STT Pros. Since then I have uncontrollable death wobble at anything greater than 50mph. Also our brand new hyd assist steering box is leaking at the input shaft assembly (a seal wasn't installed right), so I haven't even installed the ram yet.

I'll keep you posted, but I'm pretty sure there's no way for us to get the rig from Maryland to Ouray as things stand =(.

GraniteCrystal

It's not looking great for us. Ever since I put the 60s on, I've been chasing problem after problem. I wish I could go back to January and not order the hardcore package. I loved my PR44, and have no love for this hardcore package. We spent over 15k to "bullet proof" our rig for this and a Rubicon trip, and ended up with a rig less reliable than we've ever had.

The latest of a string of issues, I switched the hubs with new Dynatrac parts from 5x5.5 to 8x6.5, and switched wheels and tires to new 40" Cooper STT Pros. Since then I have uncontrollable death wobble at anything greater than 50mph. Also our brand new hyd assist steering box is leaking at the input shaft assembly (a seal wasn't installed right), so I haven't even installed the ram yet.

I'll keep you posted, but I'm pretty sure there's no way for us to get the rig from Maryland to Ouray as things stand =(.
Oh man. That sucks Buster. Sorry to hear. I hate that feeling. Hope it still works out.

Mizippi

Are most people staying in cabins or tents in Ouray?

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

OhNoTheJiggies

That sucks!!! In sure you could find someone to trade a pr44 for that hardcore package lol. But hope you can get everything fixed up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

I'm fairly certain our death wobble is related to a largely ovalled hole on the Prorock 60 trackbar bracket. It's egg shaped and has a significant amount of bolt play. I'm going to weld it in, re-drill, and weld on some washers to try and get road worthy for the trip. Unfortunately, I don't know if the ovalled hole is a chicken or egg scenario. Did something else cause death wobble which ovalled the hole? I'll keep you all posted, and update in a few days after test driving. We're still trying everything to make the trip.

olllllllo :rock:

GraniteCrystal

I'm fairly certain our death wobble is related to a largely ovalled hole on the Prorock 60 trackbar bracket. It's egg shaped and has a significant amount of bolt play. I'm going to weld it in, re-drill, and weld on some washers to try and get road worthy for the trip. Unfortunately, I don't know if the ovalled hole is a chicken or egg scenario. Did something else cause death wobble which ovalled the hole? I'll keep you all posted, and update in a few days after test driving. We're still trying everything to make the trip.

How does the paint look? If ovalled out with time, would've scratched off paint

Sk8convict

Curious, you got the hardcore package with jk bolt pattern and then changed it to 8 on 6.5?
Thought it only came 8 on 6.5??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

I recently had steering issues after hydro assist install. I thought it was the gearbox but ended up being the frame bracket for the track bar. I had just installed a RK track bar. After some troubleshooting it was determined that the hole wallowed. I believe it happened before the RK TB seeing as turned steering was why I bought the RK TB. I just failed to notice the wallowed hole. Big washers wwre welded on both sides of the bracket which fixed it. Now it drives like stock. Hopefully that helps.

Top Bottom