The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

0311DoC

That 2016 JKUR ought to be a bit of a step up then ;)

Baby steps. [emoji23] I had no idea what jeep life was like until I started building up that KJ. And believe it or not it kept up with the JK's for the most part. Even made it over the wall obstacle at pokepsee gulch. But yes always wanted the JKUR and looking forward to the build up.

Exodus 4x4

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that there would be an update and here it is...

Its taken a couple of months to get this together but I was finally able to get it to a point where I could post it. I wanted everyone involved in this run to have the opportunity to have something to remember it by, so I came up with the idea of a t-shirt. After getting a design put together and getting permission from Eddy to include the Wayalife logo, we now I have it! Jackal01 mentioned it would be cool to have the option of getting a hoodie too, so for those interested they will be available. I especially want to thank Eddy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo in this design. You rock Eddy!

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 12.07.49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 12.08.03 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 12.01.39 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 12.02.12 PM.jpg

Now I realize its still a long ways out until the run but I wanted to post this now so that I'll have a good idea of how many to order when the time comes. Not to mention people usually end up backing out for various reasons as we approach the actual time for the run. I also don't have a price for either option yet because it really all depends on how many of each are ordered. That being said, I'd also like to mention that in no way I'm I trying to make any money off of these. In fact I'll probably end up losing quite a bit since the cost of the design was not what I anticipated. I want to say the shirt would be about $25 each if at least 25-30 were ordered. That pays for the actual shirt and some of the design cost. I'm not sure about the hoodie but probably about $35 each. Believe me I will try and keep it as low as possible and like I said, I'll probably end up eating some of the design in order to do so.

The shirts are going to be a very good quality Next Level brand. If you're not familiar with them they are a very soft, durable shirt and they run just a little smaller than normal. Keep that in mind when it comes time to order it. If you were a large, you may want an extra large. If we meet the demand for ladies then I'll look into it and update with pictures as necessary. Hoodies will probably just be a regular Hanes, nothing real special in order to keep costs down.

I'll add this to the original post in the thread to make it easier for everyone to reference later on. I will probably start taking orders for these about this time next year in order to have a more accurate count and to save some the heart-ache of possibly buying a shirt for a run they can't go on. Thanks again to Eddy and Cindy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo on this shirt! I hope everyone likes them and stay tuned for another update that should be coming down the trail soon!

Oh, and for those of you that are coming from out of state I do apologize. When I originally thought of this run I didn't really anticipate you guys wanting to join in. I hope this doesn't deter you from buying a shirt and I promise to do a better design if there ends up being a 2018 Exodus, which I think there probably will be.

Last edited:

BamBamDeer

That is a Sharp Design! Good Job and Great Idea to have something to remember the run.

It was great of Eddie and Cindy to let you use the WAL logo.

This was a Nice Surprise. Thanks for the Work you are putting in to this!

Exodus 4x4

That is a Sharp Design! Good Job and Great Idea to have something to remember the run.

It was great of Eddie and Cindy to let you use the WAL logo.

This was a Nice Surprise. Thanks for the Work you are putting in to this!

Thanks and yeah, it's really awesome of Eddie and Cindy to allow us to use it!

Jake Wilson

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that there would be an update and here it is...

Its taken a couple of months to get this together but I was finally able to get it to a point where I could post it. I wanted everyone involved in this run to have the opportunity to have something to remember it by, so I came up with the idea of a t-shirt. After getting a design put together and getting permission from Eddy to include the Wayalife logo, we now I have it! Jackal01 mentioned it would be cool to have the option of getting a hoodie too, so for those interested they will be available. I especially want to thank Eddy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo in this design. You rock Eddy!

View attachment 203311 View attachment 203312 View attachment 203313 View attachment 203314

Now I realize its still a long ways out until the run but I wanted to post this now so that I'll have a good idea of how many to order when the time comes. Not to mention people usually end up backing out for various reasons as we approach the actual time for the run. I also don't have a price for either option yet because it really all depends on how many of each are ordered. That being said, I'd also like to mention that in no way I'm I trying to make any money off of these. In fact I'll probably end up losing quite a bit since the cost of the design was not what I anticipated. I want to say the shirt would be about $25 each if at least 25-30 were ordered. That pays for the actual shirt and some of the design cost. I'm not sure about the hoodie but probably about $35 each. Believe me I will try and keep it as low as possible and like I said, I'll probably end up eating some of the design in order to do so.

The shirts are going to be a very good quality Next Level brand. If you're not familiar with them they are a very soft, durable shirt and they run just a little smaller than normal. Keep that in mind when it comes time to order it. If you were a large, you may want an extra large. If we meet the demand for ladies then I'll look into it and update with pictures as necessary. Hoodies will probably just be a regular Hanes, nothing real special in order to keep costs down.

I'll add this to the original post in the thread to make it easier for everyone to reference later on. I will probably start taking orders for these about this time next year in order to have a more accurate count and to save some the heart-ache of possibly buying a shirt for a run they can't go on. Thanks again to Eddy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo on this shirt! I hope everyone likes them and stay tuned for another update that should be coming down the trail soon!

Oh, and for those of you that are coming from out of state I do apologize. When I originally thought of this run I didn't really anticipate you guys wanting to join in. I hope this doesn't deter you from buying a shirt and I promise to do a better design if there ends up being a 2018 Exodus, which I think there probably will be.

I love this!!

Jegar

Fantastic idea and GREAT design! I'm definitely in for purchasing both. Again, thank you for your dedicated planning and hard work -- this will be an epic trip! Can't wait!!!!!

Exodus 4x4

Fantastic idea and GREAT design! I'm definitely in for purchasing both. Again, thank you for your dedicated planning and hard work -- this will be an epic trip! Can't wait!!!!!

No problem, I'm glad you like it! Like I said, keep an eye out because there will be more to come!

Jackal01

Woah... Really wishing my stock unlimited could attend :(

Dude. Stock rig can do much of what is planned. I did the Alpine Loop, Corkscrew Gulch (what wasn't closed from snow. But my favorite in the area), Ophir Pass and a couple others in my 2012 Grand Cherokee.

Do it. Besides...you're buying my budget boost, front LCA and wheel spacers. That's a start!

Angry Aussie

Those are awesome. Well done I'll be buying many of both!! I'm getting close to being done with planning my Colorado summer road trip and when I do I'll let y'all know and I'll keep you guys posted on my trip, how long it takes to get from place to place, how much gas I'll burn through and places to check out. I can't wait for this big wayalife trip next year

Exodus 4x4

Woah... Really wishing my stock unlimited could attend :(

Dude. Stock rig can do much of what is planned. I did the Alpine Loop, Corkscrew Gulch (what wasn't closed from snow. But my favorite in the area), Ophir Pass and a couple others in my 2012 Grand Cherokee.

Do it. Besides...you're buying my budget boost, front LCA and wheel spacers. That's a start!

Yep, and I'll make you a great deal on a set of 35's!

Exodus 4x4

Those are awesome. Well done I'll be buying many of both!! I'm getting close to being done with planning my Colorado summer road trip and when I do I'll let y'all know and I'll keep you guys posted on my trip, how long it takes to get from place to place, how much gas I'll burn through and places to check out. I can't wait for this big wayalife trip next year

Dude, I was just thinking it's been a while since I've seen you post anything. It'll be great to get some heads up on the fuel mileage.

Angry Aussie

Dude, I was just thinking it's been a while since I've seen you post anything. It'll be great to get some heads up on the fuel mileage.

I've been crazy busy the last month or so, but things will finally settle down for me next week! I will keep everyone posted on where I go and how many miles I drive and gas consumed etc. Looking forward to both trips.

Top Bottom