The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
I am lucky to have great neighbors that all get along & don't mind using the properties together! Seems like everything is off limits anymore...too many dumbasses have ruined it for the responsible ones...

Ddays

Hooked
Big time Modification!

Changed the dice color on my carrier from red to black. :D
Figure this has to be worth 10-20 HP easy!

dice 1.jpg

Dice 2.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
jeep is looking great, never noticed the dice before but it's a nice touch!!

Thank you! I found those steel dice on Etsy a few years ago and had them on my office desk. Had the powder coater weld them on so that they showed all 7's on the faces you can see. I need all the luck I can get!

Ddays

Hooked
Nothing major this round. Just prepping for the Rausch trip this weekend. Greasing everything, tightening, etc, etc. I finally got around to trimming the rear pinch seam

w1.jpg

Picked this Ridgid saw a little while ago. Nice for small jobs and you only need one hand to hold it.

w2.jpg

The offending piece

w3.jpg

Hit it with the grinder, self-etching primer and coated with bed spray. Done. Hopefully that's the end of that.

w4.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Replaced Speakers

Since I only ordered a Sport model with zero frills, I was stuck with the entry level radio and really, the biggest problem with the sound system, the crappy entry level speakers. Don't need to tell anyone how bad they suck.
Thanks to JK_Dave who posted up his speaker change-out. I went the same way. Rear sound bar replacement is simple. The fronts are more complicated as you have to take out the majority of the dash. They do clear the speaker grilles in the front. Just have to leave the grill off, which isn't even needed there.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Since I only ordered a Sport model with zero frills, I was stuck with the entry level radio and really, the biggest problem with the sound system, the crappy entry level speakers. Don't need to tell anyone how bad they suck.
Thanks to JK_Dave who posted up his speaker change-out. I went the same way. Rear sound bar replacement is simple. The fronts are more complicated as you have to take out the majority of the dash. They do clear the speaker grilles in the front. Just have to leave the grill off, which isn't even needed there.

View attachment 223281

View attachment 223282

View attachment 223283

View attachment 223284

I put these speakers in my red 2 door. i also ran an converter from my stick head unit to an amp and then to the speakers- no subwoofer..was very happy with them and will likely upgrade again in my new 4 door as the stock speakers still suck.

Ddays

Hooked
I put these speakers in my red 2 door. i also ran an converter from my stick head unit to an amp and then to the speakers- no subwoofer..was very happy with them and will likely upgrade again in my new 4 door as the stock speakers still suck.

That's likely my next step too, although I may try to pick up a satellite radio somewhere before that. I really can't stomach the local commercial stations that sometimes play music. :icon_crazy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Curious to hear the new speakers this weekend. You can check out my little hideaway sub as well as the other stuff on my jeep. If it wasnt for the cage and I made it nearly impossible to pull it out, I wont even try to upgrade my speakers lol.

Ddays

Hooked
Curious to hear the new speakers this weekend. You can check out my little hideaway sub as well as the other stuff on my jeep. If it wasnt for the cage and I made it nearly impossible to pull it out, I wont even try to upgrade my speakers lol.

Glad I put the speakers in before my cage then. Lookin forward to it!

benatc1

Hooked

This is good to know, as both are future upgrades

Damn, really? I didn't even think about this. Do you have the Rock hard cage?

Top Bottom