The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Where's darlington pa? My fam lives in west Chester. I went to Bloomsburg U for college.

Darlington is bout 45 miles NW of Pittsburgh and 5 miles from eastern Ohio line. Been to West Chester a few times over the last couple years. Daughter plays lacrosse & we went to couple tournaments at West Chester Univ.
Thats a really nice area over there. We really enjoyed going there. Found a bunch of nice restaurants in the Devon area.

Ddays

Hooked
Riley looks like an awesome navigator! We have cats. [emoji51]

Haha, Cats are probably better navs than Riley! Whenever we jump a deer she bout shits herself trying to get out the window! I have to keep a leash on her so I can grab it & stop her from jumping out!

dillard09

Haha, Cats are probably better navs than Riley! Whenever we jump a deer she bout shits herself trying to get out the window! I have to keep a leash on her so I can grab it & stop her from jumping out!

Haha! My dog does that for squirrels. My dog managed to squeeze out the rear window that was down about half an inch and chase a squirrel right in the heart of Yosemite! It was Memorial day weekend so there was only about 25000 people that seen it. We got a nice talking to by the park ranger!

Darlington is bout 45 miles NW of Pittsburgh and 5 miles from eastern Ohio line. Been to West Chester a few times over the last couple years. Daughter plays lacrosse & we went to couple tournaments at West Chester Univ.
Thats a really nice area over there. We really enjoyed going there. Found a bunch of nice restaurants in the Devon area.

Very cool. Yea WC is cool, has a ton of bars and restaurants. I went to Devon Elementary lol. Grew up in Berwyn, heart of the main line. Good stuff!

Ddays

Hooked
Haha! My dog does that for squirrels. My dog managed to squeeze out the rear window that was down about half an inch and chase a squirrel right in the heart of Yosemite! It was Memorial day weekend so there was only about 25000 people that seen it. We got a nice talking to by the park ranger!

:cheesy: That's great! Riley hates squirrels too. Hell, she hates anything in our yard. She even chased the neighbors bull once. That got me a talking to!

Ddays

Hooked
Opened up more trails.

This is pretty damn fun. Lotta work clearing these enough to get a Jeep through, but once done its a blast. Tried out the latest this evening.

01.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Napalm

This is pretty damn fun. Lotta work clearing these enough to get a Jeep through, but once done its a blast. Tried out the latest this evening.

Once again, I am jealous. Looks like a great time and even better that it's close to home

Ddays

Hooked
Once again, I am jealous. Looks like a great time and even better that it's close to home

It's literally in my back yard. My wife just rolls her eyes when I drive up out of the woods into the back yard & pass her on the way to the garage.

Gotta see if there are any rocks back there for your to make a trail towards!

I found some and that's the plan. There's a dry creek bed that isn't the Rubicon but it will be challenging. Might wait until fall so the underbrush is gone & its a little easier to clear out.

Looks like a cool area to camp and explore.

Oh man, I wish this area was that big! Its roughly 265 acres that is owned by 4 people. Still, its big enough that I can spend an hour on the trails so far. If I can get the other ones cut in
a guy could spend a couple if you go on all of them. Sure is hard to find places over here. Not like the trail systems you have out West, which is bullshit, because we have plenty of park areas/wilderness
to do it in, but you're not allowed to do any off-roading.

bones37

Great looking build! Regarding the trackbar, I moved the frame side rear mount back an inch for my x factor 3.5 (2 door). Mine hasn't rubbed as much as yours, but it may be something you want to. I added a 1/4" plate to the back of the existing mount. Pics in my build thread.

Ddays

Hooked
Great looking build! Regarding the trackbar, I moved the frame side rear mount back an inch for my x factor 3.5 (2 door). Mine hasn't rubbed as much as yours, but it may be something you want to. I added a 1/4" plate to the back of the existing mount. Pics in my build thread.

Thanks! I just checked your thread out - very cool.

The issue with mine since I changed back to my factory rear track bar is that the frame mount hits the raised axle snubber block, not the trackbar itself. Very frustrating. I'm going to try to move the axle forward about 1/2" & see if that takes care of the problem...

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Big boy brakes

Got my Pro grips mounted up this morning. Not fully bedded in yet but man what a difference. Stopping quickly isn't an adventure anymore.

0806161252.jpg

0806161253.jpg

0806161252a.jpg

0806161253a.jpg

Finally got the top & doors back off. Hopefully it stays nice for a while....

0806160809.jpg

Top Bottom