The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Freakin sweet build. Those damn coopers came out right after I ordered mt toyo mt's. They look great. :beer:

Thanks again. I was leaning to either the Toyos or the Trail Graps when Eddies writeup on the Coopers came out. Literally one day away from ordering them.
Cant go wrong with any of them. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
So like most people I have all of my trail spares, parts, tools, accessories, etc in bins stored in my garage. Unfortunately I have these stupid wasps that like to build nests
in almost anything with an opening.

wasps.jpg

I found a few buzzing around my spare rad hoses so I decided to seal them up with the vacuum sealer we use for our groceries we buy in bulk.

vp.jpg

LOL, my first attempt on a rad hose ended up like this:

hose 1.jpg

I forgot you can turn the vacuum off whenever you want and you don't have to scrunch the shit outta the damn thing.
So the second attempt ended up much better,

Hose 2.jpg

After I figured it all out I put everything I didn't want wasps in like spare hoses, air lines, etc into bags & sealed them up. Also put stuff like wipes, TP, sealants in bags as well.
Also put spare driveshaft yokes, power steering pump, brake lines in bags to keep them from banging around.

parts.jpg

scull20

So like most people I have all of my trail spares, parts, tools, accessories, etc in bins stored in my garage. Unfortunately I have these stupid wasps that like to build nests

View attachment 203225

I found a few buzzing around my spare rad hoses so I decided to seal them up with the vacuum sealer we use for our groceries we buy in bulk.

View attachment 203226

View attachment 203227

I forgot you can turn the vacuum off whenever you want and you don't have to scrunch the shit outta the damn thing.

View attachment 203228

After I figured it all out I put everything I didn't want wasps in like spare hoses, air lines, etc into bags & sealed them up. Also put stuff like wipes, TP, sealants in bags as well.
Also put spare driveshaft yokes, power steering pump, brake lines in bags to keep them from banging around.

View attachment 203229

Not a bad idea...keeps rust from forming too most likely.

I got my dad the same food saver last year...with all the stuff he vacuum packs now, I swear he's vacuum pack the damn foodsaver itself given the opportunity lol.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

View attachment 203225

View attachment 203226

View attachment 203227

View attachment 203228

View attachment 203229

You can also use the vacuum sealer to pack bearings full of grease. [emoji106]

Petzl88

Your jeep is awesome! I didn't see in your thread, maybe it is there. What width WMS is your pro rock? Same as stock at 65"?

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks bud! Yep, they're both stock width. I do have 1.5" spacers though so they look like they're full width.

Ddays

Hooked
I see the light!

I forgot I ordered these OPT7 LED floods last November and found the box moving stuff around this afternoon. So naturally, instead of being responsible and weedwacking our pasture fence line like I intended, I installed these. :cool:
I got these on Amazon. $125.00 for a set of 4. Came with a really well made complete wiring harness with nice weather-proof ends. We'll see how they hold up.

I mounted both sets aimed to the sides to fill in blind spots. having installed Trucklite headlights, I really don't need the forward light.
side lights 1.jpg
side lights 2.jpg

I ended up just using the switches provided with the lights. Maybe not the fanciest method, but this spot is really handy and the you can activate the switches without reaching or even looking.

side lights 3.jpg

Fini

side lights 4.jpg

Ok, so this photo is kinda embarrassing. I gotta do something cause this mess looks like Fido's ass. :icon_crazy: Maybe pick up those fancy battery terminals like WJCO just put on or something...

side lights 5.jpg

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Man that's looks amazing that's the light setup I had in mind for D-day whenever he becomes a 4 door

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks buddy! It's raining cats & dogs out so I cant get out to see how well they work. They are good at blinding boneheads that make the mistake of looking at them while asking your daughter to turn them on though!

AU Bronc N JK

I forgot I ordered these OPT7 LED floods last November and found the box moving stuff around this afternoon. So naturally, instead of being responsible and weedwacking our pasture fence line like I intended, I installed these. :cool:
I got these on Amazon. $125.00 for a set of 4. Came with a really well made complete wiring harness with nice weather-proof ends. We'll see how they hold up.

I mounted both sets aimed to the sides to fill in blind spots. having installed Trucklite headlights, I really don't need the forward light.
View attachment 206772
View attachment 206773

I ended up just using the switches provided with the lights. Maybe not the fanciest method, but this spot is really handy and the you can activate the switches without reaching or even looking.

View attachment 206774

Fini

View attachment 206775

Ok, so this photo is kinda embarrassing. I gotta do something cause this mess looks like Fido's ass. :icon_crazy: Maybe pick up those fancy battery terminals like WJCO just put on or something...

View attachment 206776

Looking good! Which fancy battery cables are u referring to? I need to do something about mine as well.

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, you are bringing organization to a whole new level. I like it and your rig is looking great too! Have a fun, safe trip!

Thanks! Can't wait for the trip! Hope Coz left me some breadcrumbs out there so I can find my way around!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

View attachment 206772
View attachment 206773

View attachment 206774

Fini

View attachment 206775

View attachment 206776

Pretty cool Ddays!

Top Bottom