The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Was out giving the Jeep a onceover for a trip to Salt Lake City & stop over at Moab this weekend and found this:
Sure as shit glad I was looking.

0411161936a.jpg

Nice little coolant leak. Not sure if its the hose or the housing, Giving both the heave-ho before I leave Friday

WJCO

Meme King
Was out giving the Jeep a onceover for a trip to Salt Lake City & stop over at Moab this weekend and found this:
Sure as shit glad I was looking.

View attachment 198030

Nice little coolant leak. Not sure if its the hose or the housing, Giving both the heave-ho before I leave Friday

Change out that spring clamp for a worm style. Those spring clamps lose tension. Not a bad idea to change the hose though since you're going on a road trip. You coming through Denver or just I 80?

Ddays

Hooked
Change out that spring clamp for a worm style. Those spring clamps lose tension. Not a bad idea to change the hose though since you're going on a road trip. You coming through Denver or just I 80?

Probably through Denver - I'll be stopping at Moab first and then heading up to SLC Monday AM.

And yes, worm clamp for sure

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - I'll do that today or tomorrow. Got a game this afternoon/evening so it'll probably be tomorrow before I can get it in some decent light.

Ddays

Hooked
Why the added spacers?

Avoiding clearance issues under flex. The Chamber Pros have 4" backspacing plus I picked out the 13.50 wide Coopers.

Edit: Also, the Chamber Pros are not hub centric - they were stud centric. I ordered these custom spacers from Motorsport Tech so that they are
now hub centric. Nice pieces. They were $25 ea more than the Spidertrax spacers but well worth it.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ah okay, I was going to guess that but wasnt sure. Motorsport tech is a great company, used them so many times before.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Man, first time seeing this thread, not sure how I missed it! SWEET jeep!

x5 on the worm clamp :cheesy: :yup:

Gotta say man your jeep is sweet! I love the chance that's what I've been wanting as far as my stance! Again sweet build man can't wait to see wheeling pics!

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks both of you! These wheels are so far outside the flares it isn't funny. I did drive past several state cops today & nary a glance by any of them. If I do end up getting pulled over so be it.

Can't wait to get it dirty this weekend! Probably friggin snow since I'm coming out west. :mad:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks both of you! These wheels are so far outside the flares it isn't funny. I did drive past several state cops today & nary a glance by any of them. If I do end up getting pulled over so be it.

Can't wait to get it dirty this weekend! Probably friggin snow since I'm coming out west. :mad:

Seriously. We're suppose to get blasted with a bastard storm starting Fri night. It was almost 80 today and Saturday has a high of 40. Welcome to Colorado.

Ddays

Hooked
Seriously. We're suppose to get blasted with a bastard storm starting Fri night. It was almost 80 today and Saturday has a high of 40. Welcome to Colorado.

:eek: Are you serious? I gotta go check Moab weather...

Edit: Just checked weather. Man, that's just mean. 59 with rain around on Sunday. Monday on is sunny. figures...

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
:eek: Are you serious? I gotta go check Moab weather...

Edit: Just checked weather. Man, that's just mean. 59 with rain around on Sunday. Monday on is sunny. figures...

Yep. Hopefully these weather dudes with 6-figure salaries have just been drinking. Maybe we'll find out the truth in a day or so.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
WOW! I just read this from start to finish. Excellent novel, plot twists, turns and just the right amount of drama.....and best of all the result is an awesome Jeep heading out on a road trip.....:clap2::thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
WOW! I just read this from start to finish. Excellent novel, plot twists, turns and just the right amount of drama.....and best of all the result is an awesome Jeep heading out on a road trip.....:clap2::thumb:

Thanks buddy! Been building & planning too long - time to get some dirt on the tires! Hopefully that white shit WJCO's talking about stays WAY north!!

Top Bottom