The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
You rang!? Hahah.
P.S. Now would be a good time to do the t-stat housing too if you didn't do it already. I remember yours may have had a small crack back in October?

Of course in October I only had 35,000 miles so warranty covered the housing replacement. Now, 3000 miles later AFTER warranty expires the damn rad shits the bed.....
Thanks for the tips! That tool looks handy. I never bothered with one of those before...

My man! Lol thats about as thorough as it gets!5]

Right? Who needs Youtube!

catahoula;852213u. I just replaced mine. I'm too far to help but I can give you a link on how to replace if need be. Pretty easy. Got my radiator from Quadretec. Tool from Auto Zone...under $9. Mopar fluid at Auto Zone. Motorcity Mechanic vid.[/QUOTE said:
Never thought Quadratech for the rad. I was gonna just go through the dealer but I'll check both them and OSC Cooling that Ryan suggested.

Oh bummer man, hopefully it'll be a smooth fix!

Always seems to be something doesn't it?. At least its more of a pain in the ass than something really significant/expen$ive...

scull20

Of course in October I only had 35,000 miles so warranty covered the housing replacement. Now, 3000 miles later AFTER warranty expires the damn rad shits the bed.....
Thanks for the tips! That tool looks handy. I never bothered with one of those before...

I did my T-stat housing last year when I was a couple hundred over 36k. I'm pretty confident I've been leaking out of the radiator since then, because the coolant smell never really went away. It finally got bad enough to where it was dripping at 53k.

That xmas tree tool is great, makes quick work of removing those clips, and will for sure come in handy in the future as well. You may want to order a bag of replacement ones on amazon. I asked for a bag of them at the dealer and they wanted to charge me $4 per clip.

Also, get one of these if you dont already have one. https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-Flex-Head-Combination-Ratcheting-Wrench/dp/B000HBF660
The set that I have only went as small as 10 mm, but the ratcheting swivel-head 8mm would have been so much nicer to have than just a standard box and open end.

I drove around for about 45 min-1hr yesterday and the temps were right where they should be and properly cycling with the t-stat opening and closing. Cleaned up any excess coolant and there were no leaks on the driveway when I checked this morning. So far so good with the radiator from amazon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course in October I only had 35,000 miles so warranty covered the housing replacement. Now, 3000 miles later AFTER warranty expires the damn rad shits the bed...

Figures. But really, do you think your dealership would have covered it even if you had still been under warranty? Maybe more to the point, would you trust them to "fix" the leak as they most likely would try to do instead of just replacing it like they should?

Ddays

Hooked
Figures. But really, do you think your dealership would have covered it even if you had still been under warranty? Maybe more to the point, would you trust them to "fix" the leak as they most likely would try to do instead of just replacing it like they should?

At this dealership, maybe. My friend is the sales manager. But that really doesn't mean jack shit when it comes down to warranty issues. And of course I didn't get a discount when I bought my last Jeep there either so you're right, probably no.
It's actually a pain in the ass sometimes because I get the "Your Jeep is highly modified and we don't know if we can work on it" routine at the dealership. So I end up fixing it myself, which is a good thing most of the time.

Now I am in the market for a new vehicle for work so that can always be used as a little leverage :brows:

Ddays

Hooked
Rock hard cage FINALLY got here....

1.jpg

I know these are steel roll bars and all but man, these took a beating in this box...

2.jpg

3.jpg

New Stickers!

4.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
This is bullshit i didnt get any stickers! with my cage or harness bar rockhard4x4 doesnt like me i guess :(:(

LOL - doesn't it piss you off when you don't get stickers? It's so juvenile, but still, I need those stickers to validate my purchase dammit!

PS: I got a spare sticker :brows:

Ddays

Hooked
Congrats on the cage, it will look nice all red. Have fun with the pre-install- was kinda a bitch to be honest but more of a pain in the ass than difficult

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, looks like a PITA but I have all day Sat set aside so hopefully I can get it all done. Frankly should have done this thing a long time ago..

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Have plenty of beer for this pre-fit.... its not hard but like mentioned its annoying as shit. and make sure you protect your dash and windshield! :beer::beer::beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Rock hard cage FINALLY got here....

]

I know these are steel roll bars and all but man, these took a beating in this box...

New Stickers!

]
Nice Jerry!! Have fun with the pre fit [emoji849] [emoji23]
This is bullshit i didnt get any stickers! with my cage or harness bar rockhard4x4 doesnt like me i guess :(:(
I got you for stickers nick. I have a few left as well lll
Yup. I'm just going to rattle can it though. There's an auto body supply near me that custom mixes cans so I figure that will be easiest.
Just have to copy me don't you lol
IMG_3423.JPG

Ddays

Hooked
Have plenty of beer for this pre-fit.... its not hard but like mentioned its annoying as shit. and make sure you protect your dash and windshield! :beer::beer::beer:

Beer: Check!

WooHoo!! Can't wait to see it installed! :thumb:

If all goes well (HAHAHAH!) hopefully all done this weekend....

Nice Jerry!! Have fun with the pre fit [emoji849] [emoji23]

Just have to copy me don't you lol
View attachment 245520

LOL - you know it! - black bar across the dash too!

benatc1

Hooked
Yeah, looks like a PITA but I have all day Sat set aside so hopefully I can get it all done. Frankly should have done this thing a long time ago..

That's good, it took me the better part of the afternoon and honestly the only parts that were a pain for me were the A pillar posts, everything else was smooth and simple, just some advice make sure you line up your drill guide with the holes before and see where it sits, I noticed mine was a bit off during the pre install and had to hog out the holes a bit, not the end of the world but will make your sanity stick around a bit longer

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
LOL - doesn't it piss you off when you don't get stickers? It's so juvenile, but still, I need those stickers to validate my purchase dammit!

PS: I got a spare sticker :brows:

I didn't get any stickers with mine, either. I even drove to their shop to pick it up :rolleyes2:

Ddays

Hooked
That's good, it took me the better part of the afternoon and honestly the only parts that were a pain for me were the A pillar posts, everything else was smooth and simple, just some advice make sure you line up your drill guide with the holes before and see where it sits, I noticed mine was a bit off during the pre install and had to hog out the holes a bit, not the end of the world but will make your sanity stick around a bit longer

Good tip - I just went back and looked through your build thread. Gonna look through the install thread Eddie did too.

I didn't get any stickers with mine, either. I even drove to their shop to pick it up :rolleyes2:

Well hell, I feel special now cause I got 2! :thumb:

Top Bottom