The Building of FALCOR

JKRicky

Those are pretty nice. I hadn't seen the CMM yet. My C75 is mounted under the glove box and the wire just runs beside the passenger side of the console. I keep it tucked between the console and passenger seat and console (buttons facing the passenger seat so the screen doesn't get scratched) when not in use and just set it in my lap or in a cup holder while wheeling. Not having a permanent mount hasn't been an issue yet and it's never in the line of sight.

Love the Jeep name and the emblem! Looking forward to see those coilovers and tires on!

Thanks and I'm also anxious to get the coilovers on.

I also usually throw the mic in my lap or cup holder too. Works out fine for now. Did you mount an external speaker or do you plug an aux cord to your sound system? I've just used the hand held speaker which does put out decent sound. Just curious.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Thanks and I'm also anxious to get the coilovers on.

I also usually throw the mic in my lap or cup holder too. Works out fine for now. Did you mount an external speaker or do you plug an aux cord to your sound system? I've just used the hand held speaker which does put out decent sound. Just curious.

I am using the CB speaker at the moment but I do want to add an external speaker at some point. My hearing isn't the best and it would be nice to have a speaker mounted a little higher to improve the sound.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've got a 75 as well and ran an external speaker under the passenger seat and mounted it to the seat mount. It's a fairly large 10W speaker, but I've seen others use the smaller 5W one and actually hide it under the roll bar padding up next to the driver's ear. I'm sure that's a pain to run the wiring for, but pretty stealthy! I wish I could remember the name of the member on here that had picture of that. :doh:

JKRicky

I've got a 75 as well and ran an external speaker under the passenger seat and mounted it to the seat mount. It's a fairly large 10W speaker, but I've seen others use the smaller 5W one and actually hide it under the roll bar padding up next to the driver's ear. I'm sure that's a pain to run the wiring for, but pretty stealthy! I wish I could remember the name of the member on here that had picture of that. :doh:

Awesome, not a bad idea!

JKRicky

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427760316.238622.jpg Brown guy just showed up with some goodies. I'm thinking I might install these and my front bumper starting tonight. I'm getting impatient! I might even do the fender chop while I'm at it!

JKRicky

Finally installed my MC bumper. Got tired of it just sitting in the garage and it's one less thing I have to install later. Looks kinda funky to me with no lift but non the less, I got to work on my Jeep. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427944099.253709.jpg ATX Slabs should be here Friday. That should keep me busy for a couple days.

JKRicky

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428252440.525255.jpg So I just noticed that my ring bolts are black and usually see that they are silver to match the ring finish. Are the black bolts normal with these wheels as to where the silver have to be requested? Just curious.

JKRicky

So I finally got around to installing the EVO d-ring mounts and to be honest, I was dreading it after hearing all of the horror stories of the install. I don't know if I just got lucky but everything went on super smooth and easy!! I think total instal time with cutting the frame flush was about 2.5 hours. This also includes dealing with my 9 month old baby at the same time lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428380803.671639.jpg Cut and painted. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428380861.180637.jpg To get the wing-nut into the frame rail, I shaved off the upper portion of the opening using a Dremel on the backside. The nut slipped right in making it possible for me to hold onto the "wing" to line it up with the bolt. Worked out perfect. And of course, I shot it with some paint. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428381062.417584.jpg Overall, this install went super smooth and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

JKRicky

Just got the slabs installed and they look amazing. A huge thanks to Eddie and Mel for making the install video which made installing these a breeze. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429052200.076179.jpg

JKRicky

Got some more parts in last week. Next on the to do list is set an install date(s) which will hopefully be next week. Very happy with the quality of the EVO arms.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430257933.631109.jpg

Top Bottom