The Building of FALCOR

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I painted my rings. If you want any pointers, let me know. Learned at least 2 things not to do while painting them.

TwistedJK

Nice jeep, and one of the best names I've seen lol. I should name mine "the nothing!" Since it sucks in all my cash leaving me with nothing.

JKRicky

So tomorrow is the big install day. Got Falcor all cleaned up and fenders stripped down for fender chop. Even did an oil change while I was at it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431749729.429893.jpg

JKRicky

Went out the next day for a shakedown run.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432094492.486380.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432094581.213959.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432094600.336635.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432094619.613865.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432094648.129973.jpg

I have to give a big thanks to Andrew (noroad) for his help and answering questions! Thanks again buddy!!

JKRicky

Anyone know what might be causing the coil to rub on the timing rings? Looks to be only happening on the passenger side. There isn't any bow in the coils and everything appears to be straight and where it should be. Maybe coil is just sitting funky after being flexed out and then compressed? Thanks in advance since I'm still new to coilovers. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432152208.007262.jpg

JKRicky

I didn't take many pics but installed the EVO drag link flip kit today along with an Adams 1310 front drive shaft.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432520644.845973.jpg

Based off everything I have read here about correct suspension geometry and front stabilizers, I opted to remove mine all together which was stock anyways. I can tell you that it drives extremely well and better than before!

During this build (my second Jeep), I have trusted everything that I have read and learned from the guys on here and with no surprise, all the info has been spot on! Not only am I extremely happy with the quality of parts from EVO, I'm even more happy with how the Jeep handles and performs on and off road! So thank you!

ttfhell

Anyone know what might be causing the coil to rub on the timing rings? Looks to be only happening on the passenger side. There isn't any bow in the coils and everything appears to be straight and where it should be. Maybe coil is just sitting funky after being flexed out and then compressed? Thanks in advance since I'm still new to coilovers. View attachment 144290

It happens frequently and not an issue unless the coils are getting caught which I doubt.

Top Bottom