The building of knuckles

biggy

Did you drill all the holes with the skins clamped on or centre punch the hole remove the skin and then drill them out?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did you drill all the holes with the skins clamped on or centre punch the hole remove the skin and then drill them out?

Drill them with the skins on! Use a bit that will fit through the holes on the skins (I think it was maybe a 9/32"), drill the holes, then take the skins off of use a unibit to enlarge the holes. We did the sides (above the tire) first, installed the nutserts, re-installed the skins, then "massaged" the rear of the skin in place before drilling those holes. Hopefully that makes sense.

Oh and save yourself the trouble of using a bunch of clamps and get a ratchet strap. One of those and maybe a couple of C clamps and you should be good to go. :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
The color matched skins are going to look so good.. Any chance you're blacking the ring out on your slabs? That would really finish the look off!

Yeah, hopefully my paint guy can do it next week. Otherwise I get to try my hand at painting or they get powder coated black.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah, hopefully my paint guy can do it next week. Otherwise I get to try my hand at painting or they get powder coated black.

Why not powder coat them white?

Rattle can could do a great job too and make it easy to touch up.

Looking real nice btw!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

biggy

Drill them with the skins on! Use a bit that will fit through the holes on the skins (I think it was maybe a 9/32"), drill the holes, then take the skins off of use a unibit to enlarge the holes. We did the sides (above the tire) first, installed the nutserts, re-installed the skins, then "massaged" the rear of the skin in place before drilling those holes. Hopefully that makes sense.

Oh and save yourself the trouble of using a bunch of clamps and get a ratchet strap. One of those and maybe a couple of C clamps and you should be good to go. :thumb:

Sounds like a good plan of attack.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I thought about it but I'm not sure how close they can match the white. :thinking:

The handful of powder coasters I've dealt with in the past have had very diverse color pallets to work with. If they want your business they might do a sample for you. Just a thought.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

MTG

Caught the Bug
Called powder coater today. Might work to go with white after all. 😄

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362521748.319150.jpg

Decided to throw soft top on at lunch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362521773.435348.jpg
Look at that. I have a month left to drive to Michigan and use this sticker! :crazyeyes:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362521815.984847.jpg
If you are like me and 1) don't have a lot of time and 2) have to take your hardtop off by yourself. I'd highly recommend the Harken Hoister. Top on/off in under 10 minutes and it stores it out of the way when my in use. 👍

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Called powder coater today. Might work to go with white after all. 

I hope that works out for you. It is so much better/tougher than paint!

That lift looks nice. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until I ditch the roof rack before I go that route.:icon_crazy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So driving in this

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362587784.688653.jpg

With these two lights on

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362587813.832375.jpg

Is a lot of fun!

I should probably get that checked out. :doh:

Last edited:

GCM 2

I should probably get that checked out. :doh:

Nah, you have a sport cage. You should be fine :thumb: I am in the worlds greatest snow storm of the century (at least that what they are billing it as) out on the east coast right now. Snowpacolyspe 2013 is not one for the record books in my eyes, my rental car is doing just fine ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nah, you have a sport cage. You should be fine :thumb: I am in the worlds greatest snow storm of the century (at least that what they are billing it as) out on the east coast right now. Snowpacolyspe 2013 is not one for the record books in my eyes, my rental car is doing just fine ;)

:cheesy:

I love the snow! We haven't had nearly enough of it this year. :grayno:

Those lights have been on for so long, I forgot about them...until I gunned it out of my driveway and made the 90 degree turn. :cheesy:

Isn't every storm back there a storm of century? How else do you sell newspapers (or generate page clicks)?

Top Bottom