The building of knuckles

:cheesy:

I love the snow! We haven't had nearly enough of it this year. :grayno:

Those lights have been on for so long, I forgot about them...until I gunned it out of my driveway and made the 90 degree turn. :cheesy:

Isn't every storm back there a storm of century? How else do you sell newspapers (or generate page clicks)?

Now TWC has started naming snow storms... that automatically makes them a bigger deal. :)

Oh My Goodness!!! That does not look right :grayno: Were you playing in the snow?

Yes, but it has been bent for a while. I banged it on a couple of rocks, most notably in the aptly named tie-rod canyon in Vegas. I knew it was bent up as I could see it frowning at me...it looked only a bit unhappy. :cheesy:

Anyway, I was working on my steering this morning and decided to check for clearance issues (mainly on my drag link) and saw this when the wheel is turned completely driver.

What is amazing is that the jeep still drives great!

Tie rod ordered.

Rear skin skid fabrication consultation took place and fabrication scheduled.

Powder coat scheduled. Hopefully white skins with black carrier is in the works. :thumb:

Now if all this works out, I should be good to go next weekend for final install. This of course, is dependent on me...us (i.e. sharkey and me and LoPo if he makes the drive)...getting the carrier mounted this weekend.

The tie rod should be here tomorrow. I might put that in this weekend as well...forgot to order the SS bracket. Looks like I'm going to have to wing it. :yup:

Oh and I should be ordering a few more things tomorrow. :thumb: Hint: EVO no limits manual sway bar disconnect and PSC C-Pillar parts.

Edit: since Sharkey refused, I checked my own ball...joints today and they seemed fine. Wonderful actually. ;)

Last edited:
What is this "rear skin skid fabrication"?

You didn't get yours out of the box? :shock:

Just kidding. I am having a metal tube welded to the bottom of the rear corner. I'll post pics on Monday with any luck.

You didn't get yours out of the box? :shock:

Just kidding. I am having a metal tube welded to the bottom of the rear corner. I'll post pics on Monday with any luck.

Here are some shots for you Mike! Knuckles will have a sexy rounded backside like me and EVO1. Good extra protection too ;)

Attachments

• image-3779306075.jpg
    image-3779306075.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 673
  • image-2526149619.jpg
    image-2526149619.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 675
Here are some shots for you Mike! Knuckles will have a sexy rounded backside like me and EVO1. Good extra protection too ;)

Exactly! :thumb: I hope mine looks that good. ;)

Incidently, if anyone is wondering, here are the benefits I see to doing it. Let's just say you have to "finesse" the rear skins into place. Welding these on while they are on the jeep before painting them will help keep their shape when you are taking them on and off and while they are cooking in the powdercoat oven (probably a bigger concern with pain rather than powdercoat). Plus it should relieve any stress placed on the three nutserts holding the rear of the skin in place. And of course, as you mentioned, the extra protection for the corner if you are not running a rear bumper.

I am not sure finesse is what you truly wanted to use. I prefer "massage"...........

LOL! I believe they can be used interchangeable in this instance. But massage is probably more accurate as finesse tends to indicate there was some sort of skill invovled. :cheesy:

Top Bottom