The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

JeepFan

Hooked
Bummer about the bolts. Looks like a beautiful morning to be out on a walk. Been raining up here.

Yes it sucks about the bolts. I blame myself for not double checking the work that was done.

Except for the crazy AV wind, it is a nice day for a walk. Looks like we might get some rain too. Better get my butt in gear. Lol

Walk. It's good for the soul. The recent rain made everything seem even more green this morning.

View attachment 202037

Agreed! The Jeep can wait. Lol

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yup! All rear control arm bushings were replaced before Moab. Looks like the lower arm bushings on the frame side have shifted to one side causing the arm to rub the frame bracket. Need to take it apart to inspect closer.

Lol Doug! The only thing that keeps me in balance is hanging out with good friends and wheeling! When are we getting together? ;)

Do you have a press for those clevites?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Good luck getting out a clevite with a press. Sure, you can get the rubber part out just fine but that metal sleeve won't be going anywhere. If you have one, an air hammer is what I use and this AFTER I get the rubber out of the sleeve.

JeepFan

Hooked
LOL!! Good luck getting out a clevite with a press. Sure, you can get the rubber part out just fine but that metal sleeve won't be going anywhere. If you have one, an air hammer is what I use and this AFTER I get the rubber out of the sleeve.

Ugh! Thanks for the tip. After reading this, I may just take the arms to a shop and have it done.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have a press but, I don't think I have an adapter or socket big enough to fit the outer edge of the bushing. Any suggestions?

I made a sleeve out of a cut down exhaust pipe. As Eddie said its a bitch to remove. We did use a press at FTS to remove them.

JeepFan

Hooked
Here's what I'm dealing with. The bushing seems to be pushed to one side causing the metal part of the arm to rub on the bracket.

1462640623163.jpg

JeepFan

Hooked
Looks like the rubber bushing has separated from the metal.

1462641687287.jpg

Attachments

• 1462641702394.jpg
    1462641702394.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 232

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
That's what I don't like about the clevites. It's a crap shoot on quality control it seems. If they hold, they'll last awhile.

If they don't, then well... This happens

JeepFan

Hooked
Did you change them out yourself or have a shop do it?

Took it to a shop. Learned there is an easy way to do it if you know the trick...

Hole saw
Drill press
Sawsall

Broke a misalignment spacer upon reinstalling one of the arms.

Damn it!

1462662398118.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Took it to a shop. Learned there is an easy way to do it if you know the trick...

Hole saw
Drill press
Sawsall

Broke a misalignment spacer upon reinstalling one of the arms.

Damn it!

View attachment 202104

Tony I might have one in my tool box. Let me check when I get home.

If not, I'll get with Kampa and see who makes it besides FTS. I wanna say Rod End supply has them.

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
Tony I might have one in my tool box. Let me check when I get home.

If not, I'll get with Kampa and see he makes it besides FTS. I wanna say Rod End supply has them.

Thank you so much Chris. I would order them online but finding the correct part number is a PITA. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom