The Diez build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkac

Caught the Bug
So I went back and forth on either powdercoating or painting my carrier. After thinking about the group I run around with and remembering they like to slam there singers into the other persons tire carrier, I decided to paint it for easier chip repairs!
First coat of satin black!

Attachments

• 1432094953935.jpg
    1432094953935.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 182
So I went back and forth on either powdercoating or painting my carrier. After thinking about the group I run around with and remembering they like to slam there singers into the other persons tire carrier, I decided to paint it for easier chip repairs!
First coat of satin black!

Looks good. Can't wait to put a chip in it.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Love the new rig (just caught up on your build)! Gonna look even better when you get that carrier installed.

Thanks! Love your rig and sorry about your other! I was actually inspired by the way you built "round" dtd minus the bypasses (STD) lol.
I just ordered, front bolt-on coilovers, king bumpers, EVO high clearance longarms, rear lever/DTD, hydrosteer, 60's F/R, beadlocks, and 40's. I'm super stoked! I'm gonna do all my install. Can't wait! Hope to get out and wheel with you someday!

I wanted from DTD but right now is my wife's DD and couldn't be without it that long for me to complete it. Anyways, I wanted something to do down the road! :thumbup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just ordered, front bolt-on coilovers, king bumpers, EVO high clearance longarms, rear lever/DTD, hydrosteer, 60's F/R, beadlocks, and 40's. I'm super stoked! I'm gonna do all my install. Can't wait! Hope to get out and wheel with you someday!

Bolt-ons? :thinking: You were almost there. :grayno: Probably not too late to call them back and order what you really want…er…need. ;)

bkac

Caught the Bug
Bolt-ons? :thinking: You were almost there. :grayno: Probably not too late to call them back and order what you really want…er…need. ;)

Just in the front! Actually, it's probably all I'll ever need! ;) and it fits the budget for now, if you can call it that... I got the bumps to make it closer.. :)

bkac

Caught the Bug
Wife just said, "bet that's gonna be easy to open to get the groceries and dog in! " referring to the tire carrier...
Didn't even know how to respond to that one!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just in the front! Actually, it's probably all I'll ever need! ;) and it fits the budget for now, if you can call it that... I got the bumps to make it closer.. :)

LOL! Fits the budget…you saved what…$1000 or $1500 on a roughly $30,000 build? Stated differently less than 2%. :cheesy: Like I said, you might as well order the front "STD" and be done.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wife just said, "bet that's gonna be easy to open to get the groceries and dog in! " referring to the tire carrier...
Didn't even know how to respond to that one!

My wife hates the carrier. On the bright side, she rarely drives it now and I don't have to roll around in her Navi.

LOL! Fits the budget…you saved what…$1000 or $1500 on a roughly $30,000 build? Stated differently less than 2%. :cheesy: Like I said, you might as well order the front "STD" and be done.

I agree with the logic and math but sometimes that last $1500 is the toughest to swallow :doh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I agree with the logic and math but sometimes that last $1500 is the toughest to swallow :doh:

Yeah, I don't get that. At this point it's just money pissed away on something that will be replaced anyway.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I hate spending $5 on coffee, but after dropping that kind of coin you might as well bite the bullet.

Yeah, I don't get that. At this point it's just money pissed away on something that will be replaced anyway.

Not necessarily. If it gets used how is it pissed away? Does he need DTD? No, maybe? Justifying an extra $1500 because you've spent $30k already isn't a great reason to his family or wife. You and me, maybe but that's a different thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom