The Diez build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkac

Caught the Bug
LOL! Fits the budget…you saved what…$1000 or $1500 on a roughly $30,000 build? Stated differently less than 2%. :cheesy: Like I said, you might as well order the front "STD" and be done.

Everyone had their own reasons...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not necessarily. If it gets used how is it pissed away? Does he need DTD? No, maybe? Justifying an extra $1500 because you've spent $30k already isn't a great reason to his family or wife. You and me, maybe but that's a different thing.

It's going to be pissed away, because he hangs with the NorCal crew and will be replacing it within the year. :bleh:

Rccrwlr

My wife hates the carrier. On the bright side, she rarely drives it now and I don't have to roll around in her Navi.

By design! Wonder if EVO is working on an integrated tailgate version that can be opened with the tailgate handle?! Prob not!

Rccrwlr

So I went back and forth on either powdercoating or painting my carrier. After thinking about the group I run around with and remembering they like to slam there singers into the other persons tire carrier, I decided to paint it for easier chip repairs!
First coat of satin black!

Thought you were going white on white?!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Well said!
I was lucky enough to marry a woman that let's me follow what I love. We are well off and very blessed, everything we have is because we work hard for it nothing has been given to us, and this has taught me the value of a dollar . I've always loved jeeps long before she was ever around and she likes me to do what I love. We live on a budget and are debit free. I set aside an amount to work with and want to stick to that amount. It's something we both agreed on and she's just as excited for me as I am. We use the jeep all the time and use the upgrades we put in it. To me it's a lot like having a boat except my boat is in my jeep and its multi purpose. we use it for her to get to work everyday too. I'm fortunate enough to have a company vehicle.
I've looked long and hard at this build and cut where I needed to make it work.
I'm sure it's not the best way to put this amount of money into something but also it's something that I have so much passion for and our family uses it often to get out and do fun things. It gives my kids amazing memories being away from the TV and tablets!

Last edited:
It's going to be pissed away, because he hangs with the NorCal crew and will be replacing it within the year. :bleh:

Not sure how the "NorCal" crew will make him swap to DTD in a year? :thinking: Now it is Bobby, the guy who bought three new JK's in 8 months so it's totally plausible :cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why not take out the bypasses in the rear and get 37's instead of 40's? That will cover your front DTD.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not sure how the "NorCal" crew will make him swap to DTD in a year? :thinking: Now it is Bobby, the guy who bought three new JK's in 8 months so it's totally plausible :cheesy:

^this! It is hard not to want to keep up with the Joneses…or should I say the C.Petey's, M.Jenn's, etc? Same thing happens ever time I go somewhere with Eddie and Cindy…I have to talk myself out of dropping the jeep off at ORE and then swing by MoTech. :crazyeyes:

Edit: And my inbox has room now for whomever tried to PM me.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
^this! It is hard not to want to keep up with the Joneses…or should I say the C.Petey's, M.Jenn's, etc? Same thing happens ever time I go somewhere with Eddie and Cindy…I have to talk myself out of dropping the jeep off at ORE and then swing by MoTech. :crazy eyes:

Edit: And my inbox has room now for whomever tried to PM me.

Not trying to keep up with anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom