The East Coast Happenings thread

hogtyed

Great idea :2thumbsup: any of the suggested sites sounds good to me & gives plenty of time to plan for it. Will subscribe...

jmatta33

well unfortunately, I will likely be gone all of this year on a deployment gig in Afghanistan. Im taking a contractor position out there and should be leaving around Feb/Mar time frame. I'll be free weekends until then so if anyone plans on doing any runs before the beginning of March I will certainly be down!

thardy

Banned
Alright, so let's start the planning for Windrock. I'm thinking sometime between mid January through February. What works for everyone?

So tell me about wind rock. Ive grown up wheeling all kinds of things. Pick ups, atvs, SxS. Havent got to play much in the jeep yet. Id love to go but i dont want to be a pita as a newbie

jfallon1

East Coast Wayalifers

So tell me about wind rock. Ive grown up wheeling all kinds of things. Pick ups, atvs, SxS. Havent got to play much in the jeep yet. Id love to go but i dont want to be a pita as a newbie

72,000 acres (300+ miles of trails) of an old coal mined mountain now turned into a park by the county. Enough G rated roads around the park for stock vehicles and plenty of moderate trails for the in-between guys. Scenic hillside roads, waterfalls, and small creek crossing makes it an awesome all around place. I spent 3 to 4 hours and only road 3 trails. There's a total of about 50+ trails. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419196967.395503.jpg

thardy

Banned

Every spot I currently have on the list has enough variation so that everyone would have a good time.

72,000 acres (300+ miles of trails) of an old coal mined mountain now turned into a park by the county. Enough G rated roads around the park for stock vehicles and plenty of moderate trails for the in-between guys. Scenic hillside roads, waterfalls, and small creek crossing makes it an awesome all around place. I spent 3 to 4 hours and only road 3 trails. There's a total of about 50+ trails. View attachment 115771

That sounds awesome. I definately wanna test out the jk as i have it so far so that sounds perfect. Gotta start somewhere right?

thardy

Banned
I'm thinking long weekend. Head there on Friday, wheel on Saturday, and possibly on Sunday morning. I'm open to date suggestions.

thardy

Banned
24/25 January?

I should be good with that weekend or even the next. Need to talk to the wife to verify. Let's see if anyone has any issues with that weekend and I'll get a thread started for this event.

I'm getting pumped for 2015!!

I should be good with that weekend or even the next. Need to talk to the wife to verify. Let's see if anyone has any issues with that weekend and I'll get a thread started for this event.

I'm getting pumped for 2015!!

Im with ya. Theres one vacay slot open for 24/25 so hopefully i can claim it before someone else (EMS). Lets get that thread goin and plan it up.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I'm going to see if I can secure a weekend off in late January. Its only about a 3.5 hr drive for me to windrock.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom