The East Coast Happenings thread

croge17

I personally prefer Winsock park in TN. about a 5 hour drive for me but lots of trails and lots of local lodging and food.

croge17

Thanks for the welcome, been lurking a while. I might not be able to make this run due to a trip to Mexico. But most the time I can make any runs toward the beginning half of a month.

jkwebbie

Its a strait shot for me to windrock on I-40 here in NC. Let me know a date set in stone and I'll be there. I'm running a stock Jeep so I'll be sticking to the easy trails until I can grow and be a big boy lol

jmatta33

Its a strait shot for me to windrock on I-40 here in NC. Let me know a date set in stone and I'll be there. I'm running a stock Jeep so I'll be sticking to the easy trails until I can grow and be a big boy lol

im stock on suspension and axles but I am running 35's. I will likely take it easy for the most part and hit a couple intermediate trails towards the end of the day. im in sanford, NC so it will be a straight shot for me too.

trailless

Caught the Bug

Haha, I'm stock except for a level kit. We can hit the easy trails together!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

I think you guys will be very surprised at what the stock JK can handle. biggest issue is clearence, so if you pick the right lines you can get through some more difficult obstacles. When I went to Uwharrie there were several times where I thought "no way im getting through this" and each time I got through with ease! I was very careful when selecting lines and made sure I wasnt bouncing of rocks or anything like that.

trailless

Caught the Bug
For sure, I made it through a mud hole that came up to the hood. Climbed up some easy rock ledges like it was nothing. Didn't even activate the lockers. :thumbup:

BTW, I do have some skid plates. So I can slide my belly all over the place!

For sure, I made it through a mud hole that came up to the hood. Climbed up some easy rock ledges like it was nothing. Didn't even activate the lockers. :thumbup:

BTW, I do have some skid plates. So I can slide my belly all over the place!

Im gonna see how this goes w/o lockers. Just not in the budget. Still tryin to swing a winch by then, and thatll be a stretch.

jmatta33

Im gonna see how this goes w/o lockers. Just not in the budget. Still tryin to swing a winch by then, and thatll be a stretch.

as long as we ride in a group, tow straps will get the job done. even without lockers, the Jeep does great on the mild stuff.

thardy

Banned
Sounds like the majority of us are all in the same boat when it comes to mods. Not to mention, I imagine the Jeep is most of everyone's DD, so there won't be anything too extreme either way. Looks like everyone is on board so I'll put together the thread and lock the dates in.

thardy

Banned
On another note, everything I've thrown at my Jeep, it has completely surpasses my expectations. Only things I'll be trying to add before this first trip are some recovery tools and trimming the fenders.

cis911

hey guys, for those of you near URE, are you guys familiar with Big Creek? They have an event going that's on Feb 14. Hopefully this link takes you to the info page I know there are pictures on that page but here is a video just to give you guys an idea of what it looks like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom