The East Coast Happenings thread

JK BLK

Just wanted to check in on this thread. I put my name on the Uwharrie Run in August but haven't been on this thread yet.

I live in Rock Hill, SC and work in Columbia, SC. I just bought my second Jeep, 2015 JKUR, in December. I didn't do anything to my first Jeep but now I have the bug so I'm new to all this and am taking in as much as I can. I'm hoping to learn watch and learn from you guys. I've planned my upgrades but I'm starting slow. My next phase is a lift, bumper and winch. Then I'll go bigger tires and the wheels. That's the plan so far. Looking forward to the ride!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Bump! Lots of great ideas being tossed around. Lets post them up here and get some more runs going!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Here is the list of possible runs that have been posted in the Uwharrie run.

July - Gulches
August - Uwharrie
December - Windrock (maybe earlier in the year due to snow fall)

No month mentioned - OBX, Black Mountain OHV

I'll add in a Rausch Creek and Potts Mountain run as well.

Danger

This is pretty cool. Im stoked to see all you guys are interested. Last year I went to Dixie Run Golden Mt. OHV park on I-40 In between Knoxville & Nashville. It was really a great experience . I try to hit Rausch Creek twice a year. I have not made it to Outlaw Adventure or Durham Town yet. To bad we can't just get paid to go off roading.

Danger

They don't stock a lot,but Josh & Kelly can get you what your looking for. You can see their work in just about every JP mag. I live in Wilmington and would suggest them to anyone .

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I'm going to head down to the OBX tomorrow to check it out tomorrow morning. Plan to drive down from Norfolk and make a day trip out of it. I hoping to get a better of idea of where it is best to camp for a weekend trip in the near future.

thardy

Banned
Souther Off Road in Alabama and Allsouth Autosports in GA are both authorized dealers. I found out by calling Evo Mfg.

Danger

Camping on OBX would be at Oregon Inlet or Hatteras. Both places on south end. If you want to do some really cool beach driving head north after currituck bridge to Corova. That where you can drive on beach for about 25 miles and behind dune line. You will likely see wild horses and huge mud holes.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Camping on OBX would be at Oregon Inlet or Hatteras. Both places on south end. If you want to do some really cool beach driving head north after currituck bridge to Corova. That where you can drive on beach for about 25 miles and behind dune line. You will likely see wild horses and huge mud holes.

Dana,

Thanks for the heads up and advice! It is very much appreciated!

Dana is not exaggerating when he says deep mud holes. 1429321010722.jpg
That fella is on 40s..... :eek:

Top Bottom