The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he's going to try and use them as dynabeads. Basically, you put them in your tire with the idea that they will somehow help balance your tires.

It actually worked. I put 1 lb in each tire. Now I'm not going to say that they are perfect. but I have no vibrations up to 75 mph.

AND for added bonus, I get a crazy ass sound every time I stop. LOL!!

RJEEPO

It actually worked. I put 1 lb in each tire. Now I'm not going to say that they are perfect. but I have no vibrations up to 75 mph.

AND for added bonus, I get a crazy ass sound every time I stop. LOL!!

Vid please! Am imagining those rain sound bamboo tubes from chinatown or something :D

Vid please! Am imagining those rain sound bamboo tubes from chinatown or something :D

Yup that's basically the sound, I ran them in 2 of my wheels when I had my walker evans before the slabs.

I will try to grab a photo this weekend of it.

They work (most of the time). and when they don't :doh: it is at the worst possible time. and I can only go 25-30 until they balance again. Every driver on the road not in a modified 4x4 (jeep or not) thinks i'm an :asshat:. However most people that have modified rigs give me a big :thumb: and :cheesy: as they fly by.

Wittys-JK

Enjoying your build and especially the time you are spending with your son it is truly awesome, looking forward to your progress. Did you decide to leave the balance beads in after all?

Enjoying your build and especially the time you are spending with your son it is truly awesome, looking forward to your progress. Did you decide to leave the balance beads in after all?

Thank you!!

I had the beads in the tires for a while. If I only drove to and from the trail with light driving around town then I would have left them in. However I drive all over the place all day and in certain situations it was more problematic than help. So I took them out and had them balanced.

Going bananas.

Attachments

• image-2071535629.jpg
    image-2071535629.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 268
  • image-1816083190.jpg
    image-1816083190.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 270
  • image-875889238.jpg
    image-875889238.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 275

maxcustody

I took the day off since it is Friday.........didnt get a damn thing done, because I just read all 86 pages!!!!!:shock: What a great build, you have some skills.:clap2: You are saving a boat load of cash with all you have done in your garage. Awesome job, looking forward to the rest:thumb:

I took the day off since it is Friday.........didnt get a damn thing done, because I just read all 86 pages!!!!!:shock: What a great build, you have some skills.:clap2: You are saving a boat load of cash with all you have done in your garage. Awesome job, looking forward to the rest:thumb:

Thank you. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom