The Pumpkin "Build"

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Help me please.......
I put a Drake Off Road Billet fuel cap (lockin) on the TJ. Now the check engine light is on. I stopped at Pepboys and they read the trouble code, sure enough it is a fuel system vapor recovery leak I.e. bad gas cap.

Anyone else have a similar issue? I'm gonna throw the stock cap on for a little while and see if it resets, but I want to run the billet cap. Any suggestions????

The cap prob doesn't create a good enough seal so your getting an evap leak.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can it be fixed or modified? Or do I have to go back to the stock cap

Not sure. The best thing to do would be to reinstall the stock cap then see if you can get a new one to try. Tell them it was throwing the evap code so you know it's not creating a proper seal

Armydog

Update. Put the stock cap back on. Light went out after a few starts and stops. Drake is going to send a replacement fuel cap. I have another issue.

I start the jeep and the oil pressure gage doesn't move, a warning beep starts right away. I shut down the motor and restart her and everything is good to go. This has happened several times now. Any thoughts on what the issue might be? Not sure if electrical or mechanical in nature. Chase a short or replace the oil pump and or sending unit? Any ideas would be appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Update. Put the stock cap back on. Light went out after a few starts and stops. Drake is going to send a replacement fuel cap. I have another issue.

I start the jeep and the oil pressure gage doesn't move, a warning beep starts right away. I shut down the motor and restart her and everything is good to go. This has happened several times now. Any thoughts on what the issue might be? Not sure if electrical or mechanical in nature. Chase a short or replace the oil pump and or sending unit? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Glad they are sending you a new one

i would start with the electrical and make sure you have good secure connections. easiest and cheapest solution.

Armydog

Glad they are sending you a new one

i would start with the electrical and make sure you have good secure connections. easiest and cheapest solution.

Connections on the sending unit and pump...... is the pump mechanical or electrical on a TJ. Looking in a manual now....not sure

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Connections on the sending unit and pump...... is the pump mechanical or electrical on a TJ. Looking in a manual now....not sure

Honesty I'm not sure either. Just checking all the electrical stuff seemed easier as a first option lol

scull20

Honesty I'm not sure either. Just checking all the electrical stuff seemed easier as a first option lol

I had problems a few years ago with my old Liberty with the sending unit being difficult from cold starts in cold weather. Turning the engine off and back on would turn the light off. Replacing it totally solved the problem.

If the connections seem okay and it's still giving you issues it might be worth replacing the sending unit first.

Armydog

I had problems a few years ago with my old Liberty with the sending unit being difficult from cold starts in cold weather. Turning the engine off and back on would turn the light off. Replacing it totally solved the problem.

If the connections seem okay and it's still giving you issues it might be worth replacing the sending unit first.

Tango. I'll try that first

Armydog

Going to try and clean my pumpkin ass end a little. I want to mount my spare up in the tub area, fastback style inside the jeep. Kinda the buggy look. I want to be able to run my hard and soft tops when needed. I run 35"x12.5" MTs but am moving up to 37" sometime soon.....

Ideas???

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Going to try and clean my pumpkin ass end a little. I want to mount my spare up in the tub area, fastback style inside the jeep. Kinda the buggy look. I want to be able to run my hard and soft tops when needed. I run 35"x12.5" MTs but am moving up to 37" sometime soon.....

Ideas???

Branman did something like this in his 4 door. Maybe take a look at what he did to get an idea of how to mount it?

Armydog

Found a BFR on a fire road/ATV trail behind the house today. Didn't hit it hard enough though, need to try harder next time
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419711203.566670.jpg

Armydog

Truck lights in, trim rings repainted.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420062308.412012.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420062324.027776.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420062338.559670.jpg
Awesome Sauce!!!

Now to figure out the marker light and signal light birds nest.....fml

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
For the money, installing my TRUCKLITE headlights wa by far my best mod so far.

BTW, your Jeep looks great!

-Matt

Armydog

For the money, installing my TRUCKLITE headlights wa by far my best mod so far.

BTW, your Jeep looks great!

-Matt

Tango brother(s).

Having a weird issue with the poison spyder three wire marker turn signal combination lights. There seems to be a feedback into the dash lights so that the turn indicators on the cluster are dimly lit at all times when the markers are on. Markers and signals seem to function but not sure everything is right because of the above. Tired now, gonna drink now. Anyone experience this and have suggestions?

Happy New Year, enjoy

Top Bottom