This will be my last post here as sometimes the shoe just doesn't fit

WJCO

Meme King
So if I wanted to put out feelers for a run what would be the proper way to do so??? Just checking bc after reading this thread I'm not sure I'd want to ask.
Please advise

There is already a CO thread for CO runs: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?21119-Denver-CO-Mile-High-Meetup-Thread. However, you could start your own at anytime. Just post a new thread or even add a question on that existing thread to see where people are at. There's a run going on on 6/18. The last post in that thread gives the info about it.

What happened at the beginning of this thread was different. I don't know the OP or his intentions, but it appeared he needed 2 more spots and turned to WAL as a last resort which was he was called out on. Then from there, he just trolled away and turned into a baby.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So if I wanted to put out feelers for a run what would be the proper way to do so??? Just checking bc after reading this thread I'm not sure I'd want to ask.
Please advise

Use common sense. If you want to post up a run. Do it.

If you want to "post up a run" which means you direct people to your Facebook group, other forum, blog, YouTube channel. You are violating rules.

You're an asshole to think that "after reading this thread" you'd have a problem posting up a run.

JohnnyWest

If you want to "post up a run" which means you direct people to your Facebook group, other forum, blog, YouTube channel. You are violating rules.

You're an asshole to think that "after reading this thread" you'd have a problem posting up a run.

So, what did the OP do wrong in his first post? Trying to see where he violated any rules.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
So, what did the OP do wrong in his first post? Trying to see where he violated any rules.

Copy and Paste from the Forum Rules:

CAN I USE THIS FORUM TO PROMOTE AN EVENT, CAUSE OR AGENDA?
If your only purpose for being on WAYALIFE.com is to promote an agenda, ANY agenda, your membership here will no longer be welcome and your account will be suspended.
CAN I POST A FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION ON WAYALIFE?
No. We would ask that you please refrain from starting threads or making posts regarding competitions being hosted on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social media sites here on WAYALIFE.com.
CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER JEEP RELATED FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other Jeep related forums, facebook pages, Google+, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.

My question is am I allowed to post a youtube video? I understand I am not allowed post a link to a youtube channel while trying to promote it, but what if I see an interesting Jeep video, would that be wrong?

I also want to make especially clear so as to not run afoul of the rules.

mastrcruse

Are you fucking kidding me? If I was new to this forum and this was one of the first threads I came across, I'd be asking the same question. So follow the rules but don't ask questions about the rules...until you fuck up and then you're gonna get bombarded with "why didn't you follow the rules". Know exactly how you're supposed to act when you come to Wayalife but never ask about it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Are you fucking kidding me? If I was new to this forum and this was one of the first threads I came across, I'd be asking the same question. So follow the rules but don't ask questions about the rules...until you fuck up and then you're gonna get bombarded with "why didn't you follow the rules". Know exactly how you're supposed to act when you come to Wayalife but never ask about it.

Are you fucking kidding me? If you can't read the rules and comprehend them, life is going to be tough for you. He wasn't asking about rules and quite simply I'm curious why you give a shit?

JohnnyWest

Are you fucking kidding me? If you can't read the rules and comprehend them, life is going to be tough for you. He wasn't asking about rules and quite simply I'm curious why you give a shit?

I'm still wondering what rule the OP broke in his first post?

mastrcruse

Oh you got me...my reading comprehension is terrible and life is so tough. The rules are not a comprehensive list of all things Wayalife and there are just things you "know" on Wayalife. So again, if I was new and saw this shit I'd be asking the same thing. Some rather ask vs. putting something up and not following some unwritten rule.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Oh you got me...my reading comprehension is terrible and life is so tough. The rules are not a comprehensive list of all things Wayalife and there are just things you "know" on Wayalife. So again, if I was new and saw this shit I'd be asking the same thing. Some rather ask vs. putting something up and not following some unwritten rule.

Are you being serious? Can't tell.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm still wondering what rule the OP broke in his first post?

Go back and read the thread. I do not believe anyone accused him of breaking a rule during his first post. He was called out for what appeared to be showing disrespect. However, during the course of the thread, he did break the rules. And throughout the course of the the thread, it was very clear he didn't really want to be here anyways.

JohnnyWest

Sounds like he posted a link to his facebook page or forum page.

Nope, the first post is still just how he posted it. It was later, after his run, that he posted up a link to his personal videos on his personal Facebook page.

I'm just trying to figure out what was wrong with his first post?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Nope, the first post is still just how he posted it. It was later, after his run, that he posted up a link to his personal videos on his personal Facebook page.

I'm just trying to figure out what was wrong with his first post?

It was all Overlanders fault, he is such a dick. Is that what you wanted to read?

Sad thing is, is that he isn't going anywhere so I recommend you do. The log out button is to the top left of your screen. Right below the window close X button.

Broke_JKowner

So I'm an asshole...... What's you deal 10frank9?? I'm new to forums and new to jeeping. Jeepers I've met on trails ask me why I have WAYOFLIFE on my jeep and I'm beginning to wonder why myself after reading this thread. I'm sure I'll get blasted for this reply but if all ppl want to do is make ppl feel like shit then knock yourself out. :doh: To all the ppl who are here to be apart of a special community, have a good time, and help fellow jeepers with questions I hope to meet you all out and about someday. :rock:

Broke_JKowner

There is already a CO thread for CO runs: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?21119-Denver-CO-Mile-High-Meetup-Thread. However, you could start your own at anytime. Just post a new thread or even add a question on that existing thread to see where people are at. There's a run going on on 6/18. The last post in that thread gives the info about it.

What happened at the beginning of this thread was different. I don't know the OP or his intentions, but it appeared he needed 2 more spots and turned to WAL as a last resort which was he was called out on. Then from there, he just trolled away and turned into a baby.

thanks man i appreciate the link!!!:thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Let me see if I can put some perspective on this whole debacle. When you are a brand new member and one of your first ten posts looks something like this:

Running this trail this sunday. we are meeting at the Jacumba Chevron station at 9:00 am airing down and headed for the trail head at 9:15 am.
I have 2 spots open. If you have never ran this trail do not Miss out.

Those of us that have been in the game for a while are, for good reason, skeptical of your intentions. A few questions come to mind. (1) Why just offer this up to Wayalifers now when you need to fill two spots? (2) Why didn't you post up the run on Wayalife from the get go? (3) Where did you post up the run and who did you invite?

Was Overlander quick to judge? Absolutely! Were his instincts correct? You bet your fucking ass they were.

This forum is not that different in some respects than real life friendships. If you want them to work, you have to invest a little bit of yourself. For some people that is too much to ask. If you pop in here when it suits your needs or benefits you...your welcome is going to be short-lived and the real members of the forum will quickly sniff you out.

All of that is fine by me. To each their own. Just don't cry a river when you get called out for being what you actually are. A douche in sheep's clothing is still a douche.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Let me see if I can put some perspective on this whole debacle. When you are a brand new member and one of your first ten posts looks something like this:

Those of us that have been in the game for a while are, for good reason, skeptical of your intentions. A few questions come to mind. (1) Why just offer this up to Wayalifers now when you need to fill two spots? (2) Why didn't you post up the run on Wayalife from the get go? (3) Where did you post up the run and who did you invite?

Was Overlander quick to judge? Absolutely! Were his instincts correct? You bet your fucking ass they were.

This forum is not that different in some respects than real life friendships. If you want them to work, you have to invest a little bit of yourself. For some people that is too much to ask. If you pop in here when it suits your needs or benefits you...your welcome is going to be short-lived and the real members of the forum will quickly sniff you out.

All of that is fine by me. To each their own. Just don't cry a river when you get called out for being what you actually are. A douche in sheep's clothing is still a douche.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464301477.988260.jpg

I'm sure Adam was wondering who the other people are. Still some good folks, there, but there are a lot of WAL haters.

Top Bottom