Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Have a leak of red fluid coming from somewhere. It's dripping off the frame rail. Have to find the source.

Attachments

• image-2214017169.jpg
    image-2214017169.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 784
  • image-436600398.jpg
    image-436600398.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 772

SaddleTramp

Hey Tony, like Drew said, tighten the shit out of those two hard lines on top of the steering box. It's an 18mm/ 3/4 I believe. If you pull the radiator overflow tank it's pretty easy to get to both lines from above.

Mine leaked for a week or so a bit but just kept tightening them and hasn't leaked since, just a PSC thing.

Rig looks awesome!!!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Got the back up camera and bracket reinstalled. Just sandwiched it in between the license plate and the plate mount. Also got the CB completed.

Attachments

• image-4250697797.jpg
    image-4250697797.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 663

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Check the lines on the top of the steering box sir...

Hey Tony, like Drew said, tighten the shit out of those two hard lines on top of the steering box. It's an 18mm/ 3/4 I believe. If you pull the radiator overflow tank it's pretty easy to get to both lines from above. Mine leaked for a week or so a bit but just kept tightening them and hasn't leaked since, just a PSC thing. Rig looks awesome!!!

Thanks! Was able to check those lines and indeed the hard lines on the top of the box were loose. Was able to get to them with the intake removed.

Also saw that the front axle breather vent tube is just loosely laying on top of the box. Where does it clip to?

ChaosNein

Thanks! Was able to check those lines and indeed the hard lines on the top of the box were loose. Was able to get to them with the intake removed.

Also saw that the front axle breather vent tube is just loosely laying on top of the box. Where does it clip to?

I would just ziptie the breather tube facing UP but NOT to something HOT...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
One last pic. My daughter loves my Jeep, lol.

Unfortunately with my busy month home, I wasn't able to get any trail time in on the new Evo built Jeep. But I'll certainly break it in the proper way in Aug when I'm home again.

I would just ziptie the breather tube facing UP but NOT to something HOT...

Thanks Drew. I'm in Dubai on my way back to work right now, but I'll fix it when I get home again in August.

Attachments

• image-2823623435.jpg
    image-2823623435.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
About that time in my work rotation where this thread sees some activity. I get home from Iraq for just over a month off work in 36 days, and have some more on the to do list for the JK. Evo Mfg tire carrier will be going on once I get home. Ordered a Warn Zeon 10 winch today as well. Warn even has a mail in rebate form for a free accessory kit! Now that recovery gear and tire carrier will be squared away as soon as I get home, I can finally get this out on the trails!

Rb1boxer_3

About that time in my work rotation where this thread sees some activity. I get home from Iraq for just over a month off work in 36 days, and have some more on the to do list for the JK. Evo Mfg tire carrier will be going on once I get home. Ordered a Warn Zeon 10 winch today as well. Warn even has a mail in rebate form for a free accessory kit! Now that recovery gear and tire carrier will be squared away as soon as I get home, I can finally get this out on the trails!

Awesome I have the builder corners and tire carrier on my old rubi and loved it. Yours looks awesome. Can't wait to start my build. Just got my evo bumper in. I've read your whole thread and never really saw what do you do that you work 90-30. How's everything going over there.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome I have the builder corners and tire carrier on my old rubi and loved it. Yours looks awesome. Can't wait to start my build. Just got my evo bumper in. I've read your whole thread and never really saw what do you do that you work 90-30. How's everything going over there.

Thanks! Things are good here. I work as an A&P mechanic on the U.S. Department of State Airwing's helicopters. Used to be in Afghanistan, transferred to Iraq last August.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Just got back to the USA for another month off from work. Got started on the Jeep first thing this morning. Evo Mfg mini liners installed. Cleaned up the appearance of the open wheels wells nicely IMO.

Also got the Warn Zeon 10 winch installed. Installed it without pulling the bumper, which made reinstalling the grill a bit of a hassle. Ended up trimming the alignment stud on the bottom of the grill short to fit it down behind the winch. Was an easy install and looks as good as it'll perform.

Attachments

• image-513466178.jpg
    image-513466178.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 366
  • image-2086284121.jpg
    image-2086284121.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Top Bottom