Trail essentials- What tools to Carry Offroad

tom82jeep

I could only think of one thing missing it's all ways overlooked but sorely missed when needed every jeep should have a role of tp. Lol

Petthefish

I have a full craftsman tool kit plus a few extra tools (Torque wrench pliers and stuff)
spin_prod_1058520712

superflow air compressor

Extra fluids

A Big First aid kit (including quick clot, and suture stuff)

shovel

recovery in a pack

If I am going really far out into the Eastern Oregon outback I will pack my small Harbor freight welder and generator. Just last year I was about 40 miles from the nearest paved road and ran across a guy and his two kids in a Subaru Outback pulling a small boat he broke the weld on his hitch and was dragging the other part. I did not have a hitch on my patriot but I was packing the welder so within 30 minutes he was back on the road. He called me when he got home (I gave him my number to make sure they made it) they made it fine and my ugly ungodly looking welds held lol. I hope he learned a lesson to keep tools with you when in the middle of n were.

ohh and we pack at least five gallons of water in the desert.

jeeeep

Hooked
that's a nice list of stuff you have. I try to pack based on where I'm going and gauge what may break.
I usually pack fluids in a separate container so if any spring a leak it's all contained. bailing wire and duck tape...amazing how strong that stuff gets when used together to make repairs. I'm trying to sort my tools down to just what fits the Jeep.

that's a nice list of stuff you have. I try to pack based on where I'm going and gauge what may break.
I usually pack fluids in a separate container so if any spring a leak it's all contained. bailing wire and duck tape...amazing how strong that stuff gets when used together to make repairs. I'm trying to sort my tools down to just what fits the Jeep.

Great idea on just what fits the Jeep!!!

MonkeyLeo13

Aspen kid, I have to say, that's very impressive and love how you organized with baggage/small suitcases.

I like how you did with your homemade wood floor as shelf in cargo. Im definitely add to my wishlist!

JAGS

Hooked
Aspen, do you happen to have any pics of how you secured that shelf to the jeep. Or is it just free-floating back there. It close to one of the ideas I have for secure storage in the back. Thanks.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Things I didn't see…

Zip ties
Self vulcanizing tape
electrical repair suplies
Extra fuses
Extra relay
Duct/duck tape
Steering box (I don't carry one of these either, but after having bought one and running it to the Rubicon last year I'd like to have a spare).

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Stock one for emergency. I have caps for the ported Psc box if the lines get jacked up. Spare lines too.

Would it be possible to carry a ported one with plugs for the ports? Are they threaded? :idontknow:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Buy a spare from Psc is an option. I'll prob send stock box back to get ported when I get a chance.

That's what I was thinking. Buy the new "better" box from PSC and then paying for the stock box to get ported. I was thinking you could get some plugs so it would work for a factory replacement in a pinch.

jeeeep

Hooked
this reminds me i need to get the caps for the stock box from psc. doesn't hurt to carry extra hose, after seeing a hose rupture on a guys jeep in our group, not sure what caused it but it took him out for the day

Aspen, do you happen to have any pics of how you secured that shelf to the jeep. Or is it just free-floating back there. It close to one of the ideas I have for secure storage in the back. Thanks.

It is secured on the front in two places. In the back by two more. I have some pictures I'll pot when I get home

MTG

Caught the Bug
this reminds me i need to get the caps for the stock box from psc. doesn't hurt to carry extra hose, after seeing a hose rupture on a guys jeep in our group, not sure what caused it but it took him out for the day

Great idea. We had to do a band aid fix on a guys hose after it ruptured and started leaking. We had to get all MacGyver on it to get him off the trail. Extra hoses would have been nice. :thumb:

Top Bottom