Trembley's Build

Rex

The accent blue interior pieces look incredible and the freedom top looks even better!

Nice custom work so far!

- Rex

Trembley

Got the back section of the hard top painted....now all I need is someone to help me put the sucker on the jeep lol....time to change out the soft top!

IMG_0108.jpg

Trembley

Ordered some Truck Lite's today from Northridge with their little sale going on at $389, but I got a $100 gift card for my Birthday so it's like I paid $289 for a set of the best damned head lights around!...Pictures to follow!

jkmadness

Ordered some Truck Lite's today from Northridge with their little sale going on at $389, but I got a $100 gift card for my Birthday so it's like I paid $289 for a set of the best damned head lights around!...Pictures to follow!

Nice Ben, I ordered the EVO rock stars but the sale didn't apply to that :mad:

bl17z90

Damn you guys, everyone is getting new stuff with Northridge's sale but I am currently cut off lol.

Ed be sure to let us know how those rockstars work for you.

Ben I am rather jelous. Enjoy the trucklights i have seen them once in person and they are sweet!

Trembley

How log did it take you to paint this and where did you get te color matched paint?

Perry, Most of the effort and time was tied up in masking the two tone scheme off.

First I masked off the windows. Removed all the hardware and the back window.

Then I sprayed it with a generic plastic primer all over.

Then I sprayed the silver on the interior panel sections...3-5 really light coats to get the billet metallic to look right, it has a lot of depth in the color so I had to be sure to get it right. In my opinion a simpler color will be easier to shoot. I let that set up for about 4 or 5 days. Then I taped off the silver and everything else and shot the black around the outside. 4 coats. Let it cure for 4 or 5 days...went back in with a brush to touch up some small imperfections, both in the black and silver.

I used Rustoleum Proffesional Grade Black Semi-Gloss for industrial applications...good stuff got it at Lowe's.

The Billet I went to my local paint shop and had them mix it up and put it in aresol cans. For $60 I got 4 tall cans and a small tin of touch up paint. They directed me to not put a clear coat on it and so far I haven't seen a need either.

So all said and done it took me 2-3 weeks from start to completion working at a leisurely pace..and allowing extended time for the paint to cure and such. Removing the window and hardware stuff took a bit of time as well.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Ben

Last edited:

dahreno

Banned
Good job Ben ! I would spray some accents in my Jeep but ,my Jeep is black and so is everything else ! It get to be around 100 here during the summer time . I think the top would even get hotter if I sprayed it black . Might have to go with a head liner of some sort .I would have rounded off the cut of the pinch seam to mimic the original lines . Your Rig looks awesome !

Trembley

Good job Ben ! I would spray some accents in my Jeep but ,my Jeep is black and so is everything else ! It get to be around 100 here during the summer time . I think the top would even get hotter if I sprayed it black . Might have to go with a head liner of some sort .I would have rounded off the cut of the pinch seam to mimic the original lines . Your Rig looks awesome !

Thanks!!

I agree with the pinch seam comment, I know I will need to trim again when I step up to 37's and am going to do it a little different next time.

Trembley

Trucklite's installed....I need to aim them better but right now they give me a hard on!!

I also installed them with some Xpel film...we'll see how it works out.

Veetz

Trucklite's installed....I need to aim them better but right now they give me a hard on!!

I also installed them with some Xpel film...we'll see how it works out.

Your giving me wood....some day

Participate in life

bl17z90

I got something like that when I first got my Jeep. Didn't fit too well since the JK's headlights are round and have the bevel to them so I ended up just throwing it out.

Top Bottom