Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Ha! Just about. I had to run some errands with the wife earlier so I took a break. Just about ready to mount the bumper back up shortly.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Here's some pics. I was on and off it most of the day. Also tried to take pics of most of the steps as outlined in the the Maximus-3 instructions. I just have the air dam left to install tomorrow morning then I have to stretch the line and spool it. Overall it wasn't bad the inner nuts for the front bumper were a bit of a bitch because there's just not a lot of clearance around the ends of the winch. I wound up getting at them with u-joints and various extensions. I also took some extra time modding the frame cover to fit around the back of the winch. I only had one shot not to ruin it, so that took a minute.

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Here's some pics. I was on and off it most of the day. Also tried to take pics of most of the steps as outlined in the the Maximus-3 instructions. I just have the air dam led to install tomorrow morning then I have to stretch the line and spool it. Overall it wasn't bad the inner nuts for the front bumper were a bit of a bitch because the there's just not a lot of clearance around the ends of the winch. I wound up getting at them with u-joints and various extensions. I also took some extra time modding the frame cover to fit around the back of the winch. I only had one shot not to ruin it, so that took a minute.

Looks great! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I'm happy with the results.

I have to borrow my friends Chevy to go pick up my CJ frame so I'm gonna use that as an anchor to stretch the rope. And spool the line properly.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks! I'm happy with the results.

I have to borrow my friends Chevy to go pick up my CJ frame so I'm gonna use that as an anchor to stretch the rope. And spool the line properly.

Good idea. First time I spooled mine I tied off on my Durango on a slight incline & winched the Jeep to it. Last time I spooled it out I pulled a 6' log to the Jeep with it.

WJCO

Meme King
Tight fit. Looks good. Just a tip if you havent done synthetic line before, after your first roll of rope coils, crisscross the line so the rope isn't parallel to the row below it. Doing it this way keeps the rope From prying into the row below it when you're actually using it on the trail. I've had it happen myself and it's a pain to deal with on the trail, Matt's (Rancho) was really bad one time and took a long time to get the rope out. It doesn't look as pretty crisscrossed but is more practical.

Top Bottom