Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Another thing I recently learned the hard way. I didn't know that my Superchips F5 needed to set my traded '14 Sahara back to stock before using it with the Tumbler. Since the dealer was within driving distance and still hadn't resold the '14, I tried to return it back to stock but for some reason I kept getting a "locked vin" error. Possibly due to the dealer resetting things....so I called Superchips and they were kind enough to allow me to reset it with an update at home after giving them the serial # of the F5. The update also made the F5 software compatible with the 2017. Prior to, it could only flash 2012-2016s.

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

After the update, was able to change the tire size setting.

IMG_2818.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I did purchase the JKS flip kit, but after reaming out the front sway bar ends (which was a bitch, I smoked several pretty nice drill bits) for the top of the new Synergy end links, I thought better of trying the flip this weekend. I had to make sure this thing was back on the road for work today. Currently the drag link and adjustable track bar are parallel but are not parallel to the ground. Which made me pleased I got the ATB. We've been lucky around here so far but the weather is set to get cold so it may be a while until I install the drag link flip.

Last edited:

SJCJK

Awesome!! Congrats. Liking the ride? I ask because...

I am waiting for my Plushrides, Enforcer, and 9000's to get here... :). Then need to find instructions with photo... EVO one is thin for this newb.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
yeah! It rides great....but I'll have to see if the Rancho settings are an improvement to me at "2" or "1". They're currently at "3" but I don't want to go more firm. As much as I love this new Rubi, I can definitely say I miss the MPGs of the Sahara with the 3.21s :D

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
At 3" of lift with a drag link flip, you can return that adjustable front track bar and keep the stock one. The raised bracket will be enough to keep your axle centered and you can save some money for something else.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Nothing too exciting, but over this weekend I'll be adding some creature comforts. A pair of dead pedals arrived from Quadratec today. I'm expecting the rear seat recline kit later today or tomorrow and a set of front and rear Grabars from Amazon tomorrow. At the end of February my wife and I and another couple are taking the Tumbler on a road trip to Pittsburgh (~5 hr drive +/-) and I want my passengers as comfortable riding in the back and getting in and out as possible.

IMG_2146.jpg

JeepJeep75

Your build is coming along nicely! [emoji106] I have pretty much the same build as you do. I love my Plushrides and Ranchos. Off-road I set the shocks to "1" front and back. Daily driving I have them on "3" front and back. I haven't really dialed them up past "5" as they start to get kinda stiff. I can't imagine what "9" is like. Maybe similar to TF harshness? [emoji33] About the GrabBars, I have front and rear in mine. I love the fronts, but the back bars I'm not so sure about. Maybe smaller kids can use them better but both sets of our parents didn't really use them like I thought they would. When I lean in the back door I have to be careful not to bang my head on the rear GrabBar. Hopefully that problem will go away when I get bigger tires this spring, fingers crossed.

J

JKDream

Another thing I recently learned the hard way. I didn't know that my Superchips F5 needed to set my traded '14 Sahara back to stock before using it with the Tumbler. Since the dealer was within driving distance and still hadn't resold the '14, I tried to return it back to stock but for some reason I kept getting a "locked vin" error. Possibly due to the dealer resetting things....so I called Superchips and they were kind enough to allow me to reset it with an update at home after giving them the serial # of the F5. The update also made the F5 software compatible with the 2017. Prior to, it could only flash 2012-2016s.

View attachment 233438

View attachment 233439

After the update, was able to change the tire size setting.

View attachment 233440

Just a heads up, you should be measuring your true tire size opposed to the sidewall height for the Superchip setting.
Chances are your 35's are more of a 33.75, which will change your shift points.
Beautiful Jeep btw, love that color.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
^^ Good advice, actually I'm doing some odds and ends right now. I have a tape measure close by and I'll take accurate measurements and adjust accordingly. Thanks!!

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Just a heads up, you should be measuring your true tire size opposed to the sidewall height for the Superchip setting.
Chances are your 35's are more of a 33.75, which will change your shift points.
Beautiful Jeep btw, love that color.

Yup you were correct actual measurement was a hair under 33.75. Thanks again!

Top Bottom