Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Dead pedals were a super fast/easy addition. Maybe 10-15 minutes total for both sides and that with protecting the cowl with a towel and ratcheting the door fully open to keep the doors from blowing around. I can tell I'm gonna love this mod.

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Great looking jeep! And one of my favorite mods has been my dead pedal. Easy thing but makes big difference on long drives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!

Same here, no idea how I missed this thread but congrats! Your Rubi HR is looking badass. Of course, I'm still a little partial to Granite Crystal rigs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, yeah it's my favorite color with no close second. Just a perfect color for a Jeep JK!

Your build is coming along nicely! [emoji106] I have pretty much the same build as you do. I love my Plushrides and Ranchos. Off-road I set the shocks to "1" front and back. Daily driving I have them on "3" front and back. I haven't really dialed them up past "5" as they start to get kinda stiff. I can't imagine what "9" is like. Maybe similar to TF harshness? [emoji33] About the GrabBars, I have front and rear in mine. I love the fronts, but the back bars I'm not so sure about. Maybe smaller kids can use them better but both sets of our parents didn't really use them like I thought they would. When I lean in the back door I have to be careful not to bang my head on the rear GrabBar. Hopefully that problem will go away when I get bigger tires this spring, fingers crossed.

Thanks! I hope the rear grabars don't become an issue. In our family it would most likely present a problem for our 16yo he's about 6' tall. Everyone else is shorter :)

Nice, glad to hear you got this fixed :yup:
Thanks Eddie!

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Heard of dead pedals but don't really get the hype. Is it more than just a cooler looking pedal?

It's just a firm anchored place to put your foot. I'm 5'10" with short legs I guess :D and the deep footwell doesn't give me a place to push off of. It's one of those things I'd probably not even care about had I not had other cars with a dead pedal. For me "coolness" wasn't a factor.

GraniteCrystal

It's just a firm anchored place to put your foot. I'm 5'10" with short legs I guess :D and the deep footwell doesn't give me a place to push off of. It's one of those things I'd probably not even care about had I not had other cars with a dead pedal. For me "coolness" wasn't a factor.
Gotcha. Thanks.

Build is looking good!

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Currently working on the rear seat recline spacer kit. 5 out of the 7 bolts removed so far and they are a MoFo. This is when I wish I had a decent impact wrench. Pic to follow...

Great looking build!! :thumb: I'm 6' 2" and I have nowhere to put my foot either so I'm gonna add the dead foot pedal too. The alpine restyle is on the list too.
Just out of curiosity, why did you piece your lift together the way you did instead of doing an enforcer? I'm still trying to decide how I want to lift mine.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Great looking build!! :thumb: I'm 6' 2" and I have nowhere to put my foot either so I'm gonna add the dead foot pedal too. The alpine restyle is on the list too.
Just out of curiosity, why did you piece your lift together the way you did instead of doing an enforcer? I'm still trying to decide how I want to lift mine.

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't have a rock solid answer to that question...I was going to do a complete JKS J-connect lift because JKS and Teraflex were the ones I was looking at right before I found this forum when I still had our JKU Sahara. At the time I went with Teraflex due to the price and also figuring if it's good enough for MOPAR, it's good enough for me....I just didn't like the ride of the Teraflex and JKS was getting positive feedback around here for the most part, so I substituted the PlushRides in lieu of the JKS coils. The smallish items just rounded out the list, stops, links, etc...

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
So the recline kit is in, the seat back angle has changed noticeably. You can see if you look at the lower front corner of the 1/4 window.

Before
IMG_2157.jpg

After
IMG_2158.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 257

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
My next mod will be to alter this CB bracket to hold my ProClips iPhone mount. When I'm done the charge/sync cable will run back to the USB port in the center console.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Older kids don't like taking trips in the back seat but for some reason all I hear is "this jeep is awesome! This jeep is awesome!" When their complaining. Lol.
Keep us updated after the trip.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tip. OEM locktite that tough on those?

Yeah, plus it's just a pain in the ass even with a breaker bar and 2" extension then switching to a ratchet, the extension is needed to clear this arched bracket under the seat. When you do the install you'll see what I mean. A 20-30 minute job with the right air tool, took well over an hour without.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Woohoo! With the wife's blessing I just purchased the Alpine X009-WRA. Found and open-box buy which was $500 off. I'm hoping to get some decent $ for my 430n which is practically brand new (2 months old/3400mi). Any opinions on what they're worth?

IMG_1444_zpsi7fhpzam.jpg

Top Bottom