Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

Big Bad Wolf

I just read your whole thread from post #1. Fantastic effort here! You have created something special, you must be proud.

A couple questions:

Do you have any idea what your entire weight is right now ?

You mention you still have the 3.8, are you finding there is plenty of torque for crawling ? I mean, it sure looks like there is! I have purchased 40's and was afraid of having no power left. I am using a 4 door but a ton of weight will be ripped out.

Your build inspires me for my own. You can see from my pic I am starting from scratch. 20160818_201428.jpg

Cheers.

RDE2ROK

I just read your whole thread from post #1. Fantastic effort here! You have created something special, you must be proud.

A couple questions:

Do you have any idea what your entire weight is right now ?

You mention you still have the 3.8, are you finding there is plenty of torque for crawling ? I mean, it sure looks like there is! I have purchased 40's and was afraid of having no power left. I am using a 4 door but a ton of weight will be ripped out.

Your build inspires me for my own. You can see from my pic I am starting from scratch. View attachment 218444

Cheers.
With all my gear and myself in the jeep it weighs 6100lbs. It's heavy!
Yes I still have the 3.8, but with the 5:0:1 transfer case and 5:38s in the axles it does jest fine for crawling. I would love to have more power but honestly I have had 0 issues with this eng. so I think I will just leave it alone.
Hit me up if I can help with any more questions.:beer:

RDE2ROK

I'm not sure if you have it posted somewhere in your build thread, but where do you have your rock lights mounted, the light spread is really great!

The ORO lights are magnetic so you can move them around to get the light pattern your happy with. They also have a hole in the center for a screw mount to plastics. I'm pretty happy with the light. That's 8 white lights before & after the axles. 4 red lights 1 in each wheel well.

FLKEYSJK

The ORO lights are magnetic so you can move them around to get the light pattern your happy with. They also have a hole in the center for a screw mount to plastics. I'm pretty happy with the light. That's 8 white lights before & after the axles. 4 red lights 1 in each wheel well.

Thanks, these lights look great and a lot cheaper than buying an 8 light lux setup.

Top Bottom