Watcha cookin'?

USMCvet

Banned
Oh, I,d be all over that.

I'm starting to think about planning something now. Let's get through Memorial Day then look at the tide charts - we have to be on the water an hour before high tide and I'm about an hour and fifteen from Newport. So, it would be good to have four of us on the boat pulling pots. Plus that's 16 Dungeness per licensed person. Red rock crab don't count toward the limit. Then we can go back to my place and boil them and relax, have a fire. Anyone that wants to crash, bring a tent, I've got 20 acres. They can pick a spot.

rinkishjk

Skirt steak and home made fried rice.

Attachments

• 1431477001756.jpg
    1431477001756.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 1431477016591.jpg
    1431477016591.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 81

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not really cooking but trying to make some sauerkraut. Plenty of my family back east makes it every year and I have wanted to for a long time. We shall see how it turns out in 3-4 weeks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431540363.455573.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Have boat, crab pots, and a pretty cool way to cut the mountain over to Yaquina Bay from my place. I say lets plan a trip, crab for a few hours, limit out, come back and eat some fresh caught crab and have some beer. The invite is always open.

I'm jealous, I went crabbing with one of Northridges mechanics when I was in Washington for a week. It was a blast!

RenegadeJewel

omg 'm so glad I saw this thread! I'm a chef and so seeing this just made me all kinds of happy inside! Today's meal is chicken fried pork chops, garlic and carmalized onion mashed red potatoes, and dijon lemon leeks with fresh majoram

October 2012 phone pics 399.jpg

Steamboat

I'm jealous, I went crabbing with one of Northridges mechanics when I was in Washington for a week. It was a blast!

Hell yeah, my cousin and I went crabbing every day in the summers when we were kids, just dock fishing with ring nets. Haven't done it in years, but I miss it.

Back on topic, I made pad thai for dinner, but we ate it before any pictures could be had.

Attachments

• 1431559227213.jpg
    1431559227213.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 73

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What kinda meet are you using? What's a good cut to buy at the store ?

Bottom round, top round or eye of round. Anything without fat. You can use London broil which is a cut of the top round but it's smaller strips. Tri tip would be fine if you trim all the fat but is normally more expensive.

I plan to pick up a grinder and try some ground meat jerky.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Bottom round, top round or eye of round. Anything without fat. You can use London broil which is a cut of the top round but it's smaller strips. Tri tip would be fine if you trim all the fat but is normally more expensive.

I plan to pick up a grinder and try some ground meat jerky.

What about the flank steak they sell? It's cheap and cut thin already

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What about the flank steak they sell? It's cheap and cut thin already

Yeah you could use flank. Normally that expensive around here. It used to be cheap until people started thinking it was a great cut of meat. :thinking:

If you want two weeks I'm sure most all beef prices will be cheaper with Memorial Day weekend coming.

That was a 3.5 lb eye of round and after drying and trimming the fat I probably ended with around 2 lbs. I'll have to weigh it later.

Better yet, you could snag one of those elks in your back yard and we could butcher that. :thumb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom