WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

David1tontj

hahaha! :cheesy:

I hope he knows I am joking.
Maybe I should wait until after I meet him for those jokes, but I already think he's awesome just for the way he busts through everyone's bs!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Last edited:

pastorwug

Food wise - do we all eat communally with everything everyone brings - is there just one big bean pot :shock: - do we all just stare at what Frank's bringing and drool?
My wife always wants to know this stuff so she's prepared, but then so do I.

. . .

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Food wise - do we all eat communally with everything everyone brings - is there just one big bean pot :shock: - do we all just stare at what Frank's bringing and drool?
My wife always wants to know this stuff so she's prepared, but then so do I.

. . .

Pack to cook for and feed yourself. It's always nice though to bring a little extra in case other people want to try a taste. :yup:

Ragnar JK

After "beep beep" stumbled back to her camp with a balloon hat, we needed some more entertainment.
There were a bunch of us dads chasing him until he didn't want to play anymore. Lol! Devon was my daughters boyfriend. I don't think he will ever visit Rubicon Springs again! They are not together anymore. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Happy to help Moochie...sounds like a great trip guys!

pastorwug

How's the fishing at Rubicon Springs?

With that many mosquitoes up there they may not be hungry at all.:cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pack to cook for and feed yourself. It's always nice though to bring a little extra in case other people want to try a taste. :yup:

What Sharkey said, please plan to feed yourself for the duration of the trip. More times than not, it kind of becomes an impromptu potluck of sorts but, please don't count on it. Our main purpose for having a community kitchen is that it helps to keep everyone together.

Happy to help Moochie...sounds like a great trip guys!

I know I capped this thing but, good help is hard to find - I Got you added to the list. :D

How's the fishing at Rubicon Springs?

With that many mosquitoes up there they may not be hungry at all.:cheesy:

Hard to say - depends on the year and time of year. Same is true of the crawdads. As for the mosquitos, I won't lie, it'll be wicked.

jkjurny

I have to admit that the mosquitos worry me. I seem to have blood that is like honey to them... Bringing me some extra strong wipe on DEET! Any other recommended formulas out there? Do those insect repellent long sleeves work?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just an kind reminder to Wayalife Father's and those who have fathers ;)

Sunday June 15th, 2014 is FATHER'S DAY. This was kindly pointed out to me and looks like my surrogate son Overlander JK will get to spend time with his daddy(s). :cheesy::clap2:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Sunday June 15th, 2014 is FATHER'S DAY. This was kindly pointed out to me and looks like my surrogate son Overlander JK will get to spend time with his daddy(s). :cheesy::clap2:

Haha!

This will be my first Father's Day 😎

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Your welcome for pointing it out to you.

jkjurny

My wife pointed this out to me. I told her "It's my day, so can't I do this?" She gave in, but still thought I should spend it with my kids

RedJKU

So who is this RedJKU Guy?

So, who is this RedJKU guy anyway?

First of all, let me say I am more than excited to have the opportunity to run the Rubicon with Eddie/Cindy and my fellow Wayalifer's. I noticed several of you checked out my profile page probably wondering who the heck is this guy that no one has heard of. I've updated my profile to give a glimpse of who I am. More to come. And I commit to more forum participation. I look forward to meeting each of you and running the Rubicon which honestly scares the hell out me. :eek:

PS...please don't judge me because of all the TeraFlex. I live in Utah where TeraFlex got their start and try to support local companies.
Didn't know they sold out to Mfg in China. I don't have EVO or anything close here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, who is this RedJKU guy anyway?

First of all, let me say I am more than excited to have the opportunity to run the Rubicon with Eddie/Cindy and my fellow Wayalifer's. I noticed several of you checked out my profile page probably wondering who the heck is this guy that no one has heard of. I've updated my profile to give a glimpse of who I am. More to come. And I commit to more forum participation. I look forward to meeting each of you and running the Rubicon which honestly scares the hell out me. :eek:

PS...please don't judge me because of all the TeraFlex. I live in Utah where TeraFlex got their start and try to support local companies.
Didn't know they sold out to Mfg in China. I don't have EVO or anything close here.

LOL!! It's a pleasure to meet you and hope you don't really take anything a guy like me has to say about TeraFlex products as being an attack on you or anyone for that matter. Just sharing what I know and trying to help where I can.

As far as the Rubicon goes, no need to be scared - you'll have a great time.

RedJKU

Thanks for the encouragement. I will be replacing my front D30 with a PR44. I don't want to be that guy who breaks his axle. I can only replace one axle though. I will be adding an ARB to my rear D44. Should I do anything else to harden my rear axle? C gussets? Sleeves? Good like it is?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the encouragement. I will be replacing my front D30 with a PR44. I don't want to be that guy who breaks his axle. I can only replace one axle though. I will be adding an ARB to my rear D44. Should I do anything else to harden my rear axle? C gussets? Sleeves? Good like it is?

Your front axle is the one I would swap for sure even if you had a factory D44. The rear axle is at least a true D44 with 3" tubes and it'll hold up well for a lot longer. If you install an ARB in it, you'll get 35 spline shafts that are of equal length and it'll serve you well. Nothing more needs to be done with it.

Top Bottom