what kind of truck do jeep guys prefer

KurtAZ

We have a '12 F-150 with the EcoBoost. That thing is fun to drive...just don't turn the traction control off :)

JakeJK

Ok here is a question for all jeep guys, you have your jeep but of you were to buy a truck what would it be and why? would you pick smiting that can be significantly modified like a jeep or something way different?
what truck would you use for overlanding if you did not use your jeep?

I ask because I think about buying a truck but I could never get rid of my jeep unless I bought a new one!

08-10 f250 and a bully dog tuner. 6.4 Puts out 800 hp and nearly 1200 tq. With it because of its compounding turbos, badass truck

EDIT: 550 hp and 1200tq

Last edited:

Jk909

I buy trucks just about ever year or two and I've tried them all except for the new tundra. I have blown up 3 fords so I won't buy another. Three Chevys with the same abuse are still doing fine. Two years ago I bought two Rams with hemi's and those are doing fine for now.

dillard09

I buy trucks just about ever year or two and I've tried them all except for the new tundra. I have blown up 3 fords so I won't buy another. Three Chevys with the same abuse are still doing fine. Two years ago I bought two Rams with hemi's and those are doing fine for now.

What ford's are you blowing up? And how?

Jk909

What ford's are you blowing up? And how?

Three different models, the 4.7L v8 the 5.4L v8 and the worst was the 6.2 L diesel. We had so many problems with that they gave us a lifetime warranty for free. It went to the dealer a total of 26 times.

dillard09

Three different models, the 4.7L v8 the 5.4L v8 and the worst was the 6.2 L diesel. We had so many problems with that they gave us a lifetime warranty for free. It went to the dealer a total of 26 times.

Ouch! That's no good. I'm a ford guy myself. The 6.0 diesel was great to me. I'm in the 6.2 gas raptor now. Love it!
So if you could choose one of your past or present which would you pick?

GR8WHITE

I had an 88 just like this in high school, even the same color.. 20 plus years later and I still think about how much fun I had in that truck.. Haha.. I like.. Oh ya, mine had doors :)....
haha... Who needs doors? :crazyeyes: o yeah and mines an 87 with 22r... Did yours have the fuel injected 22re?

09blackruby

haha... Who needs doors? :crazyeyes: o yeah and mines an 87 with 22r... Did yours have the fuel injected 22re?

Yes 22RE. My best friend had a black 87 just like it with a carb. We drove them through everything we could find and had a blast doing it! Your looks great for its age.

Jk909

Ouch! That's no good. I'm a ford guy myself. The 6.0 diesel was great to me. I'm in the 6.2 gas raptor now. Love it!
So if you could choose one of your past or present which would you pick?
I love the raptors I just haven't had much luck with fords as service trucks. The raptor is a completely different vehicle. To answer your question my favorite would probably be the 8.1 L Chevy Silverado 2500 HD that I had. It had an unbelievable amount of power but my gas bill was a couple grand a month.

dillard09

I love the raptors I just haven't had much luck with fords as service trucks. The raptor is a completely different vehicle. To answer your question my favorite would probably be the 8.1 L Chevy Silverado 2500 HD that I had. It had an unbelievable amount of power but my gas bill was a couple grand a month.

Oh I bet that 8.1 was a guzzler. I know my raptor does but then again I didn't buy it for the gas mileage! 😆

Top Bottom