what kind of truck do jeep guys prefer

JakeJK

Three different models, the 4.7L v8 the 5.4L v8 and the worst was the 6.2 L diesel. We had so many problems with that they gave us a lifetime warranty for free. It went to the dealer a total of 26 times.

Sir there is no such thing as a 4.7 v8

And what is a 6.2l diesel...

Unless your talking about 60s and 70s models ford hasn't had either of those engine sizes in any truck

You are probably referring to the triton 4.6l and the 6.0l turbodiesel

Last edited:

Bustedback

The 4.7v8 is a Dodge motor, Fraud used the 4.6 modular for a couple of years and then went to the 5.4v8. Chevy/GMC had a 6.2 diesel that was under powered and not very reliable. It was also used in the first generation military Hummers. Fraud now has a 6.2 in the Raptor. If I were in the market for a truck I would look at the Ram with the Cummins, or the Chevy Duramax. For half ton duty I would still look at Ram, Chevy, and maybe Fraud if I got a good deal.

Siebermd

RAM, or TRD
They are the only trucks worth spending half a million dollars on (Have you priced trucks lately? Its shocking).

Last edited:

Jk909

Unless your talking about 60s and 70s models ford hasn't had either of those engine sizes in any truck

You are correct. 4.6 or 4.7. I don't remember. My point is I couldn't trust them. If I remember correctly those three trucks were bought between 2006 and 2009.

Jk909

And the 6.0 TURBO diesel didn't have much turbo to it. Damn thing blew up pulling a side by side up to big bear. To be honest we spend a lot of money on routine service with our trucks but we do use the crap out of them. They all typically have 1000 pounds of welding equipment in the back.

RedRum

Three different models, the 4.7L v8 the 5.4L v8 and the worst was the 6.2 L diesel. We had so many problems with that they gave us a lifetime warranty for free. It went to the dealer a total of 26 times.

I believe it my buddy had the Eco boost lol it was in the shop so much he ended up taking a loss just to get rid of it !!

jeepnjoe

I bought a 1995 Toyota p/u back in 1998. Drove that truck for 10 years with zero problems.
It had the 22re 4 cylinder motor, which was bullet proof.
So I would definitely buy another Toyota p/u but with the V6 and the TRD package.
And it has to have a stick shift, I don't do auto transmissions.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437511071.570663.jpg

Last edited:

Sh0rtBus

LOSER
Really? No one would have a Ram 1500? Guess I'll be the first then. My DD is a '14 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7L and I have no complaints so far. Obviously it's not great on gas, but I didn't buy it for that, either. Adding heavy wheels & tires hasn't helped matters, either, but I just cut my daily commute by at least half. Really considered a 2500 Cummins, but in the end I just couldn't justify the cost. Had a '14 Grandy 4x4 before the truck and although I really liked it, it got to be really small knowing I had a second kiddo on the way. So far, though, my Ram has been great! I do wish, though, that Ram would offer up something comparable to the Raptor.

JakeJK

The 4.7v8 is a Dodge motor, Fraud used the 4.6 modular for a couple of years and then went to the 5.4v8. Chevy/GMC had a 6.2 diesel that was under powered and not very reliable. It was also used in the first generation military Hummers. Fraud now has a 6.2 in the Raptor. If I were in the market for a truck I would look at the Ram with the Cummins, or the Chevy Duramax. For half ton duty I would still look at Ram, Chevy, and maybe Fraud if I got a good deal.

4.6 and 5.4 were ran simultaneously, 5.4 was an upgrade for Xls and XLTs not sure about lariats, any reason your referring to Ford as Fraud?

JakeJK

You are correct. 4.6 or 4.7. I don't remember. My point is I couldn't trust them. If I remember correctly those three trucks were bought between 2006 and 2009.

Guess some are just better than others, I had a 2000 f150 4x4 5.4 ran flawlessly for 150k before I sold it got a 2003 4.6 expedition with 170k runs flawlessly guess it's all about how they're driven. Any chance you drove them in city a lot?

JakeJK

And the 6.0 TURBO diesel didn't have much turbo to it. Damn thing blew up pulling a side by side up to big bear. To be honest we spend a lot of money on routine service with our trucks but we do use the crap out of them. They all typically have 1000 pounds of welding equipment in the back.

Hahaha yeah 6.0 blows it has to be bulletproofed but if it is then it's a darn good engine and can throw some power to the wheels but I would never fool with it

Bustedback

4.6 and 5.4 were ran simultaneously, 5.4 was an upgrade for Xls and XLTs not sure about lariats, any reason your referring to Ford as Fraud?

No particular reason, just not a fan of working on them. Have a fleet of F150's that are dual fuel gasoline/propane 5.4s where I work. Those are the biggest pain in the ass piles of shit to replace the spark plugs in! At least a six hour job if all goes well.

jjlong

05 F-250 4X4 power Stroke ...not the best year but whatever. So far so good...knock on wood!

Attachments

• 1437843447751.jpg
    1437843447751.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 73

JakeJK

No particular reason, just not a fan of working on them. Have a fleet of F150's that are dual fuel gasoline/propane 5.4s where I work. Those are the biggest pain in the ass piles of shit to replace the spark plugs in! At least a six hour job if all goes well.

Propane haha what the heck never heard of those and yeah I never did work on mine myself so I can't argue that they are easy to work on I have no clue

Top Bottom