What was done to your rig this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How do the mud grapplers wear? I was thinking about trying them out next.

Funny you should ask that as I just measured the tread.

New they were about 5/8's and after about 5500 miles they are still about the same. I only had a ruler to measure so its not super accurate. Ill try and get some more precise measurements later.

silverbackjk

New they were about 5/8's and after about 5500 miles they are still about the same. I only had a ruler to measure so its not super accurate. Ill try and get some more precise measurements later.

yea i would be interested to see how they hold up. I really like my trail grapplers but from what i've see the muds are really good on the trail.

Christarp

Took off all suspension bolts and loctited them, removed old gps wiring, fixed rattles in front plastics by lining each edge with some electrical tape. Still need to weld heat shield back on to exhaust because that rattle just irritates me so much and it makes it sound like I'm driving some piece of crap (goes away once it's warmed up but still)

Punisher417

Cool. What is it though? Metal? Plastic? Rubber?

I like how easy mine was to fix. But if there is something more durable I might look into replacing the hose clamps.

Sorry I didn't get to take a better pic for you got off work late. But ill do it in an hour or so n ill confirm if they are aluminum

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Rear rock lights complete, control arms redone but didn't get to the rear compartment deal. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday morning.

On a side note I can successfully repack a flex joint from start to finish (jacking up the jeep to it back on the ground) in 15 - 20 minutes. :cheesy: I think I have done 12 on my jeep alone so far. :thumb:

GCM 2

You know Mel, or maybe it was Eddie quoting Mel (I forget which) was saying that running the Mud Grapps at some crazy pressure like 60-70psi makes them last for 40k miles? I could not stand the ride at that psi. Not sure how valid that theory is either. I have 10k miles on my Grappler 40"s at 25-28psi and they look to have at least 90% tread left.

Sporadic

This afternoon, re-centered the steering wheel after adding new LCA'S. Thanks Eddie! Your write-up made it a piece of cake.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You know Mel, or maybe it was Eddie quoting Mel (I forget which) was saying that running the Mud Grapps at some crazy pressure like 60-70psi makes them last for 40k miles? I could not stand the ride at that psi. Not sure how valid that theory is either. I have 10k miles on my Grappler 40"s at 25-28psi and they look to have at least 90% tread left.

Yeah F THAT! No way in hell I could stand the ride. :cheesy: I have them set at 26 right now, just experimenting with different pressures to see what I like the best. But I have been running from 28-32 so far and yeah they have well over 90% at about 5500-6000 miles. Good thing is I am a lot lighter then yours and Eddie's rig so they should last a good bit longer.

MobyJR

Yeah F THAT! No way in hell I could stand the ride. :cheesy: I have them set at 26 right now, just experimenting with different pressures to see what I like the best. But I have been running from 28-32 so far and yeah they have well over 90% at about 5500-6000 miles. Good thing is I am a lot lighter then yours and Eddie's rig so they should last a good bit longer.

I'm running mine a little high too. the ride definitely sucks. Could I get by with like 25 to 30 on my 35" MTR's on a 2 dr
and be alright wear wise?

GCM 2

I'm running mine a little high too. the ride definitely sucks. Could I get by with like 25 to 30 on my 35" MTR's on a 2 dr
and be alright wear wise?

I ran MTR's before my Nitto mud grapplers, on my really heavy 4 door I ran 25-28 psi front and rear, it was a pretty good sweet spot for that tire too

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah start with 28 and go from there. I put about 15 miles on it so far with 26 and it seems pretty smooth. Might be a little too low though.

Top Bottom