What was done to your rig this week?

Unlimited

Got my rear bumper and tire carrier in and put on today. It's a cheap one, but I love to build and fabricate so I figured if it needed some work, I'm fine with that. Ill fix the things I want to make it how I want. $545 eBay special with free shipping. Couldn't beat it. I will put an actual trailer spindle, bearing kit on with a positive locking latch. Seems like all will work as is, but... I can't leave anything alone.

For what it is it's perfect.

Now to order a spare 37 and wheel

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368161255.085448.jpg

But have you ever gotten a bumper In and the receiver hitch pin holes wasn't through both sides??? I laughed. I know I got exactly what I paid for...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368161325.734579.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368161336.334946.jpg

2010 RUBICON. With some stuff

Unlimited

Still have bilsteins to install and a rock hard cage. I think for a twist I'm going to clear the cage after clean up and leave it the bare metal look rather than painting it up black. Might be cool

Then I have a set of USA alloys to install along with synergy C gussets and sleeves.

I have a very full weekend of crap to do!
But fun stuff

RockyJk

Got my rear bumper and tire carrier in and put on today. It's a cheap one, but I love to build and fabricate so I figured if it needed some work, I'm fine with that. Ill fix the things I want to make it how I want. $545 eBay special with free shipping. Couldn't beat it. I will put an actual trailer spindle, bearing kit on with a positive locking latch. Seems like all will work as is, but... I can't leave anything alone.

For what it is it's perfect.

Now to order a spare 37 and wheel

View attachment 29240

But have you ever gotten a bumper In and the receiver hitch pin holes wasn't through both sides??? I laughed. I know I got exactly what I paid for...
View attachment 29241
View attachment 29242

Looks good :thumbup: I wouldn't tow anything with it though haha

Unlimited

Looks good :thumbup: I wouldn't tow anything with it though haha

Haha thanks. I do like the look... No towing until I get the other home drilled for sure! Wanting to build a little 4x6-8' jeep trailer with fold up ARB style tent.... May need it!

Rusty

Ordered my Prorock 44 HD, 4.88 gears, Arb locker,RCV shafts, Pro steer ball joints, Front 1310 Driveshaft, Rear gears 4.88, Arb Locker, Dynatrac D44 diff cover

I know my Sahara will be happy... the wallet on the other hand... :cheesy:

bob-o12jk

Banned
Looks great! Sorry if I sound retarded, but what's the co2 for?

Usually most people lower the pressure in their tires before a starting a trail, to gain better traction in mud, sand and rock crawling.
The co2 tank is for filling the tires back up to the normal psi after the trail.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

bob-o12jk

Banned
I made an exhaust yesterday for my 12' jkur
1368187394567.jpg
I left the stock piping alone so I if I ever need to put on the stock muffler, I can
1368187421586.jpg
Here it is installed
1368187589770.jpg
Where its mounted, it should have pretty good clearence compared to the stock trash can muffler
1368187626239.jpg
Heres the space between the heat shield and muffler

1368187717440.jpg
I didn't get a universal exhaust hanger, so I cut and bent a piece of scrap I had. Then I welded it to the muffler drilled and hole to bolt it up using one of the holes that the factory bumper goes to.
1368187800714.jpg
I still need to put a turn down pipe for the tip and probably shoot it with some high temp black paint. It sounds ok cruising around but when I put the pedal to the metal the 3.6 unleashes the beast in it and it screams like a banshee lol.
The best part is this little project only costed me $50
Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nothing special just state and emissions inspection and was pricing out a rubicon for myself while I was at it :) sadly tho it's still to expensive for me :(

Sent from my iPhone

Cali Cosmos

Hopefully I'm installing mine Saturday when it comes in. Going to go this route, just because of all the talk about it being to hot to touch after a day on the trails. The tank is underneath in the back where factory exhaust was. View attachment 29223 View attachment 29224

What size tank is that? I'm looking to do the same thing by mounting it there and I'm just trying to get an idea of how big I wanna go. Also what did you use to mount it there?

Defender1

What size tank is that? I'm looking to do the same thing by mounting it there and I'm just trying to get an idea of how big I wanna go. Also what did you use to mount it there?

It's a 2lb tank came with my Viair heavy duty kit. It has 4 tabs built in, just put it in place and marked the holes. Then used some stainless Hex cap Allen bolts to secure it to tub!

Cali Cosmos

It's a 2lb tank came with my Viair heavy duty kit. It has 4 tabs built in, just put it in place and marked the holes. Then used some stainless Hex cap Allen bolts to secure it to tub!

Thanks for the quick response! I figured it was either 2 or 2.5 gallon and same goes for the mount. I just always saw that tub metal to be pretty thin so I was wondering if you did something different, but it's working for you then that's fine with me. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Snorkels getting some attention today.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368213184.296069.jpg

Tire rotation, rebuild two flex joints on the control arms, wire rear rock lights, figure out rear storage cover.

Top Bottom